Olives - love them or hate them?

All olives are wonderful, to me, each in its own taste spectrum. I have gotten used to a selection of olives in my childhood, thanks to my Grandma, the selection and prices were very good in Bulgaria back then.

Even some 5 y ago, or so, the selection was at least 10,15,20 varieties...

I do preferr the black ones, but eat all...

IMG_9361.jpeg

I love olives, they are one of my favourite foods. Green ones, black ones, pitted, unpitted, brined, stuffed…I love them!

I often buy the big queen pimento stuffed olives for snacking. Back when I was biking a lot, I used to always crave them after a long ride (I think it was the salt). After my first (and so far, only) 100 km bike ride, I came home, grabbed the olives and a fork, sat down at the table with my bike shorts and jersey still on, and just went to town. Yum!

I also like those vermouth-soaked olives for putting in martinis. My dad’s family friends growing up used to always drain the olives, and replace the brine with a martini so they’d get good and gin-soaked…until one day someone walked in and caught the patriarch of the family red-handed drinking out of the olive jar! :laugh::laugh:

Back
Top Bottom