Pasta cutter

I have all the KItchenaid pasta attachment except the ravioli one which did not work well. Here are some pastas I made with these attachments. They work well but your dough is key to good results for sure.

View attachment 114883

View attachment 114884
Question, how is the cutting tool for the Kitchenaid? I wanted to get it but it's expensive. Does it cut clean?

Pasta cutting, like the spaghetti one or the fettuccine one.
Oh gotcha. Yeah the little cutter works great. As the pasta extrudes from the attachment you pull a little sliding lever left and right and cut the pasta to your desired length. It’s all really easy to be honest with you.

The only downside with some of the attachments is that a little dough obviously gets stuck inside from time to time and washing it is hard and depending on the attachment is not recommended. So what I do is leave it out overnight and let the pasta bits dry up then they pretty much shake right out.

This is what you need. It works great for cleaning the attachments.
20240618_192241.jpg

This is what you need. It works great for cleaning the attachments.
View attachment 114935
Thanks Puggles - I tried using one but could only get so far with it. I believe one of the cutter attachments came with a brush actually. I think the manual was where I read about drying the attachments overnight then shaking the dough out. That seems to work pretty good for me but I’m willing to try the brush again as well. The worst part of any cooking process is always the cleaning isn’t it? :)

Back
Top Bottom