Recipe Potato salad

I’ve mentioned before how disappointing I find shop bought potato salad but I always seem to want potato salad most when the suns shining and I want to spend the least amount of time in the kitchen.

Our summers are short and unpredictable and I’ll be damned if I spend it in the kitchen peeling potatoes and watching a pot boil rather than being out enjoying riding a bike.

So I bought the usual supermarket potato salad and then the charlotte potato salad (supposedly their superior version) and tried to zhuzh it up, nope it’s the actual potatoes that are weird. They refused to be zuzhed!

Then I saw these two contenders -
IMG_3839.jpeg

IMG_3840.jpeg

And by jove the shortcut works! Obviously it comes at a price because prepared potatoes are far more expensive but what price summer freedom 💃

I made a small cut in the microwave steam one in the first pic, removed the discs of butter and nuked them with a little square of clingfilm covering where I snipped.

The parmentier were smaller cubes very similar in size to the typical shop bought potato salad, they also had two discs of butter in there which I removed before microwaving in a bowl with two teaspoons of water.
They’re good in the potato salad, taste like potato should!
They both had a small amount of parsley on them but it was negligible and didn’t distract from the flavouring at all. Might have even added something to the party.
It was very easy, the potatoes are good and they could still be added to the dressing while warm, win win.

Made these two.
One is made up from leftover bits n pieces (celery, pinenuts and dill) the bright delight is Morning Glory ’s lovely Potato and beetroot salad 👍

IMG_3856.jpeg

IMG_3843.jpeg

IMG_3846.jpeg

Last edited:
Last time that I rmember making potato salad was when I made this big pan of it for a cookout!! Took two days to make it because there was so much of it.
Potato Salad..JPG

Last edited by a moderator:
Back
Top Bottom