Size, weight and price of eggs

I did weight the egg content to get a rough idea of how many to use to make pasta. A once-off type of thing.

I've never seen shelled eggs for sale and wasn't expecting a weight for shelled eggs. I just read that table totally wrong

Right now our regular, supermarket eggs are around 3.69 Cnd per dozen. That's .30 cents per egg. We also have about 5 more varieties. Available at higher prices. Brown shell, free range, Omega 3, extra large, etc. They can get up to about 8 bucks a dozen. To be honest, I don't trust our food producers enough to believe that there is any benefit to spending more for these other types so I just get regular. They have this other scam going where you can get a carton of 18 eggs and if you check the small print, you pay more per egg to buy the larger pack. It is all designed to confuse the consumer. We have a local producer that supplies us with home made pierogi for our freezer section and they also sell eggs. Such a difference in quality and freshness at about 7 bucks a dozen. I usually get a couple of dozen whenever they come.

There's a health food grocery in a town about 15 mikes from my house that sells jumbo brown cage-free eggs on Thursdays for $1.99 a dozen. I go every 3 weeks or so and get 4 cartons. They're normally about $5.50 a dozen. I look around the store to find other deals but sometimes the eggs are the only things worth buying. I always try to find other stuff to do in the area to make it worth the trip. I know 15 miles really is not that far but I have a few grocery stores about 3-4 miles away where I do most of my shopping. I'm down to my last carton so going this Thursday. I picked up some work near the store for that day.

Back
Top Bottom