What did you cook or eat today (June 2024) Chit Chat

JAS_OH1

Forum GOD!
Local time
11:51 PM
Mod edit: mixed out of the what did you eat today June thread into a dedicated chit chat thread with various topics covered.

On the wings or the pork belly? Doesn’t matter actually they loved them both.

If you mean the faggots they’ve not been eaten yet, I was hoping to save that til tomorrow but I’ve just seen one of them eyeing it up so it might not make it that far 😂
Do they know what they are made of? Of course if they eat hotdogs and know what's in them, it likely won't matter, eh?

Last edited by a moderator:
You can’t buy that sort of thing in a supermarket but the butchers will get you anything you ask for
Most butchers here (just speaking locally) would be hard-pressed to provide that…and I live in a fairly rural area.

I ended up getting some from a local farmer who sells at the farmers’ market and has a little shop on his farm.

Do they know what they are made of? Of course if they eat hotdogs and know what's in them, it likely won't matter, eh?
They’re not squeamish, if it tastes good they’ll eat it.
I brought them up to believe if you kill something for food you should at least eat the whole thing. Although I completely understand the nose to tail approach isn’t for everyone.
They’ll eat black pudding, haggis, sweetbreads and other offal, although they’re not huge fans of liver.
They do not like tongue but thats more to do with the actual taste and texture than the body part. I’m not a fan either.

I suspect they would balk at eyeballs but I reckon they’d both eat brain. Plus I didn’t ask what was in them because it varies according to what surplus they have so I can’t tell them regardless 😂

Most butchers here (just speaking locally) would be hard-pressed to provide that…and I live in a fairly rural area.

I ended up getting some from a local farmer who sells at the farmers’ market and has a little shop on his farm.
I’d guess the butchers are buying in a lot of pre butchered meat? If they’re buying whole animals and butchering it themselves they’d have anything you’d want.

I’d say so, as most butchers around here are in suburban strip malls.
Yer the butchers counters in the supermarkets here (that still have them) aren’t manned by skilled butchers. The stuff turns up in vacuum sealed in boxes. I’m not 100% what a suburban strip mall is? Is it a mall with a lot of strip clubs in it? 😂

I’d say so, as most butchers around here are in suburban strip malls.
I know you've got to have places not too far away who butcher their own meat. I can think of a couple within 30 minutes, but I am not one of those "head to tail" kinda people quite honestly.
Yer the butchers counters in the supermarkets here (that still have them) aren’t manned by skilled butchers. The stuff turns up in vacuum sealed in boxes. I’m not 100% what a suburban strip mall is? Is it a mall with a lot of strip clubs in it? 😂
No, a strip mall is a bunch of stores that have their own entrances and are side-by-side...whereas our regular malls are a few entrances with multiple stores inside and often a food court.

I’m not 100% what a suburban strip mall is? Is it a mall with a lot of strip clubs in it? 😂
1. I believe the UK term is retail park.
2. Some of them do, yes:

IMG_8469.jpeg

That’s Diamonds members-only gentlemen’s club on the extreme left there. :laugh:

I know you've got to have places not too far away who butcher their own meat.
The closest is a place that does deer processing and hogs, mainly. I walked in the wrong door the first time I went there and they were in the middle of dispatching with a pig.

2. Some of them do, yes:

View attachment 114304

That’s Diamonds members-only gentlemen’s club on the extreme left there. :laugh:
Yeah, no. I've not seen that around here. Hoochie mama strip joints are generally "stand-alone" businesses around here (I hesitate to use the term "gentlemen's club"...is yours really that posh or do you have any personal knowledge of this?).

2. Some of them do, yes:

View attachment 114304

Ah yes a retail park. There’s no way you’d find a strip club at a retail park like that here though, any area children are likely to go would likely cause a massive hoohah. They like to confine them to seedy back streets. The buildings are usually grubby and often unmarked.

Not the farm, but I know where Russellville is…that’s out in the boondocks!
Yes, the boonies!

I am sure if you looked you could find something closer. There are more and more farm-to-table places these days...

But even our Circle L doesn't list anything on their website other than traditional cuts of meat. I am sure that's something they would sell, though.

Back
Top Bottom