What is this (2024)?

Black pudding? Or the another countries equivalent like Boudin noir?

Black pudding, yes (as seen below, cooked at some point in the past for breakfast). I love it. Are you able to eat it SandwichShortOfAPicnic or does it contain wheat?

fullsizeoutput_71dc.jpeg

Black pudding, yes (as seen below, cooked at some point in the past for breakfast). I love it. Are you able to eat it SandwichShortOfAPicnic or does it contain wheat?

View attachment 117041
Some are wheaty and some aren’t but I’m happy to risk eating oatmeal (which you’re not supposed to do due to possible cross contamination risk) and that puts the easily found Conalkilty brand back on the table 😋

Sometimes I order it from Voakes (great picnic pies) or Boudin Noir (nearly always gluten free) from franconion.co.uk.

A friend made me boudin noir and apple sausage rolls for my ride back from France and they were so good!

Correct. Its a drinks measure but also very handy as a kitchen measure. This one costs just £1.95.

View attachment 117030
Funny story about this. A bit trivial and long, though. I had just posted, the same day (on a FB hometown memories page) photo of a similar one that was 60 years old. It was from an old hotel on our main street that burnt down in the late 60’s. My father used to be a bartender there. He would bring his jiggers home because they would get stolen if he didn’t. The hotel burnt down after closing.
Here’s the hotel and the jigger.
IMG_4852.jpeg
IMG_4838.jpeg

Funny story about this. A bit trivial and long, though. I had just posted, the same day (on a FB hometown memories page) photo of a similar one that was 60 years old. It was from an old hotel on our main street that burnt down in the late 60’s. My father used to be a bartender there. He would bring his jiggers home because they would get stolen if he didn’t. The hotel burnt down after closing.
Here’s the hotel and the jigger. View attachment 117056View attachment 117057
Thank you for sharing. Precious memories.
My Dad's first job was a bartender, and at that bar he met my Mom.

Back
Top Bottom