What made you smile recently (2024)?

FB_IMG_1720387316807.jpg

Devastated.

A very sad day today. After seven years of medical training and hard work, a very good friend of mine has been struck off after one minor indiscretion. He slept with one of his patients and can now no longer work in the profession. What a waste of time, effort, training and money. A genuinely nice guy and a brilliant vet.

Devastated.

A very sad day today. After seven years of medical training and hard work, a very good friend of mine has been struck off after one minor indiscretion. He slept with one of his patients and can now no longer work in the profession. What a waste of time, effort, training and money. A genuinely nice guy and a brilliant vet.
I have to point out that the way I read the forum on my phone, the topic doesn’t always register, it’s not prominently displayed, and I just bounce from one new post to the next, not always realizing where they’re anchored.

I read that, and my first thought was, “Well, TBH, I know it doesn’t affect medical skill, but poking a patient does show a serious lack of judgment.”

Then I read it again, and I thought, “Wait a minute…he’s a vet, not a people doctor, that seems really extreme, I mean, they wouldn’t do that here, not for a vet, he’d get a warning a most. Poor fella!”

Then I became curious and started to google “What is penalty for vet sleeping with patient US,” and then… 💡…check the topic, Tasty…check the topic… :laugh:

I have to point out that the way I read the forum on my phone, the topic doesn’t always register, it’s not prominently displayed, and I just bounce from one new post to the next, not always realizing where they’re anchored.

I read that, and my first thought was, “Well, TBH, I know it doesn’t affect medical skill, but poking a patient does show a serious lack of judgment.”

Then I read it again, and I thought, “Wait a minute…he’s a vet, not a people doctor, that seems really extreme, I mean, they wouldn’t do that here, not for a vet, he’d get a warning a most. Poor fella!”

Then I became curious and started to google “What is penalty for vet sleeping with patient US,” and then… 💡…check the topic, Tasty…check the topic… :laugh:
I'll be honest, my first reaction was too bad, so sad, he deserved it. Then, vet registered. Course that's kind of ewwww!

You've got those trousers haven't you, be honest now.
In all seriousness, I remember being a little boy, 7 or 8, and my mom had a set of curtains very much like that, and she used them to make my sister a summer dress, and I was angry because she wouldn’t make me anything with them - trousers, shirt, vest…anything! 😠

Back
Top Bottom