Afternoon Tea, Anyone?

Got my menu planned for afternoon tea in two weeks:

Egg mayonnaise, cheese & pickle, and roast beef & horseradish cream sandwiches

Raisin scones with strawberry jam & clotted cream

Apple cake, macarons, and peanut butter fudge

English breakfast, Earl Grey for the teas, and starting with a little champagne cocktail

The macarons will be store-bought, and the fudge is already made, and the cake is in the oven right now (to be frozen until then).

Love it.
Apart from the cheese and pickle, oh yes!
Don't get me wrong I adore cheese and pickle but it will never have a place on an afternoon tea table.
Beef and horseradish, sign me up!
Cucumber and most things, absolutely.

Scones- yes please.
Apple cake, yer I'm, on board with that.
Peanut butter fudge cake.. get out of here!
Macarons - well absolutely, don't all us old school imperialist trained weirdos embrace.. absolutely embrace a bit of macaron?!!

Love it.
Apart from the cheese and pickle, oh yes!
Don't get me wrong I adore cheese and pickle but it will never have a place on an afternoon tea table.
Beef and horseradish, sign me up!
Cucumber and most things, absolutely.

Scones- yes please.
Apple cake, yer I'm, on board with that.
Peanut butter fudge cake.. get out of here!
Macarons - well absolutely, don't all us old school imperialist trained weirdos embrace.. absolutely embrace a bit of macaron?!!
The cheese & pickle is specifically to introduce her to Branston pickle, something she’s never had, and the peanut butter fudge is fudge, not a fudge cake. Just a little confection. I was going to make little chocolate-cream cheese truffles, but then I remembered I had the fudge in the freezer from way back.

Oh I don't know: but the preference would be for cheese and chutney, probably. Egg and cress, smoked salmon and cream cheese, beef and horseradish, cucumber and cream cheese, ham and mustard, prawn and mayonnaise. All very simple, with 2 or 3 ingredients, mind you.
Scones, of course, have to be served with jam and clotted cream - in that order, according to Queen Elizabeth!

Oh I don't know: but the preference would be for cheese and chutney, probably. Egg and cress, smoked salmon and cream cheese, beef and horseradish, cucumber and cream cheese, ham and mustard, prawn and mayonnaise. All very simple, with 2 or 3 ingredients, mind you.
Scones, of course, have to be served with jam and clotted cream - in that order, according to Queen Elizabeth!
I note you don't say cheese n pickle but cheese and chutney.. quite a different affair old man wot wot wot wot 😆 🥰 😘

quite a different affair old man wot wot wot wot
Hahaha!
Come to think of it, we probably only had Branston Pickle in our house when I was a kid. Chutney, according to my mum, was "foreign" - even though one of her sisters married an Indian, and the other married a Pakistani!

Back
Top Bottom