Avocados, bananas and plantains

JAS_OH1

Forum GOD!
Local time
1:52 PM
[Mod.Edit: posts moved to start a new topic (MG)]

First course:

View attachment 117866
Sort of a Texy-Mexy thing - creamy salsa dressing, crumbled tortilla chips instead of croutons, etc. MrsT liked the change.

Onto my next avocado thingy, even if MrsT says the avocado isn’t ready. It’s ready when I say it’s ready! :laugh:
Oh nooooooooooooooo. If you aren't the one eating it you can't do that (and you wouldn't if you'd ever eaten one that wasn't ripe)! It's not fun to eat them under-ripe, even if it's only a little under-ripe, it's just not tasty and enjoyable and the texture is odd.

Last edited by a moderator:
First course:

View attachment 117866
Sort of a Texy-Mexy thing - creamy salsa dressing, crumbled tortilla chips instead of croutons, etc. MrsT liked the change.

Onto my next avocado thingy, even if MrsT says the avocado isn’t ready. It’s ready when I say it’s ready! :laugh:
Oh TR that's like making someone eat a green banana! 😂

It's the texture of them on your teeth as you bite them, they taste almost chalky, yuk!
Nice of you to stay friends with a crazy green banana eater 😆
It's that's sappy film in the bananas that sticks to your teeth, yuck. With the avocados, it's multiple things, like they are a bit stringy and the flavor hasn't developed properly, and probably something else I haven't put my finger on (but I haven't eaten an under-ripe avo in years for those reasons).

Well that's what's funny, we aren't really in touch anymore, but it had nothing to do with the bananas...her ex-husband my my DH are good friends, so after the divorce she distanced herself from a lot of people out of her life. I say she's a good friend because I still love her dearly even though we don't talk much. No hard feelings, she just changed courses and it was too complicated for her to stay close with me.

I want to hear what MrsT has to say about this egregious unripe avo...tsk tsk.

Relax, everyone, MrsT said the avocado was, and I quote (hence the upcoming quotation marks), “perfect.” - even when I don’t know about something…I know about something. :laugh:

Green bananas - love ‘em, especially that chalky taste, which I always think of as fuzzy.

Relax, everyone, MrsT said the avocado was, and I quote (hence the upcoming quotation marks), “perfect.” - even when I don’t know about something…I know about something. :laugh:

Green bananas - love ‘em, especially that chalky taste, which I always think of as fuzzy.
You got lucky with the avo. That could have played out badly.

You got lucky with the avo. That could have played out badly.
My limited understanding of avocados is it’s always something of a crapshoot. The ones from my first dish looked and felt the same way - nearly brown all the way through. 🤷🏻‍♂️

It's that's sappy film in the bananas that sticks to your teeth, yuck. With the avocados, it's multiple things, like they are a bit stringy and the flavor hasn't developed properly, and probably something else I haven't put my finger on (but I haven't eaten an under-ripe avo in years for those reasons).

Well that's what's funny, we aren't really in touch anymore, but it had nothing to do with the bananas...her ex-husband my my DH are good friends, so after the divorce she distanced herself from a lot of people out of her life. I say she's a good friend because I still love her dearly even though we don't talk much. No hard feelings, she just changed courses and it was too complicated for her to stay close with me.

I want to hear what MrsT has to say about this egregious unripe avo...tsk tsk.
Yep that stuck to your teeth stuff is bad as can be.
Might have to put a green banana pic with the 100 year old fruit cake ready to combat fatty SSOAP who seems to be relishing menopause and it's waist thickening potential 😆

Also your friends ex did the right thing, you can love a green banana eater but you can't live with one.
Every time you saw it you'd just think What is wrong with you? 😂

Edit: to stay on topic, I've just eaten a dark chocolate bounty bar and am considering washing it down with a brandy or maybe a whisky because no-one should sugar load at bedtime. Unless they can because technically they're a grown up and can do whatever they like so there 😬😁

Yep that stuck to your teeth stuff is bad as can be.
Might have to put a green banana pic with the 100 year old fruit cake ready to combat fatty SSOAP who seems to be relishing menopause and it's waist thickening potential 😆

Also your friends ex did the right thing, you can love a green banana eater but you can't live with one.
Every time you saw it you'd just think What is wrong with you? 😂

Edit: to stay on topic, I've just eaten a dark chocolate bounty bar and am considering washing it down with a brandy or maybe a whisky because no-one should sugar load at bedtime. Unless they can because technically they're a grown up and can do whatever they like so there 😬😁
My DH called it "mental pause" when I was going through it, which didn't go over well at the time, I'd say. He's lucky to not have gotten the cast iron skillet up against the head for that!

My DH's friend cheated on her and left her for another woman, which makes it hard on me because he wants us to go have dinner and stuff with them and I refuse. Green bananas or not, that's horrible.

We are having bacon cheeseburger sliders for dinner, but we won't eat until around 10 PM.

My DH called it "mental pause" when I was going through it, which didn't go over well at the time, I'd say. He's lucky to not have gotten the cast iron skillet up against the head for that!

My DH's friend cheated on her and left her for another woman, which makes it hard on me because he wants us to go have dinner and stuff with them and I refuse. Green bananas or not, that's horrible.

We are having bacon cheeseburger sliders for dinner, but we won't eat until around 10 PM.
That is horrible, worthy of the green banana treatment.
I've been lucky on most of it, I'd go as far to say it's been liberating but I am noticing for the first time in my life I'm not exactly.. svelte.
And I don't care about it either. I think spending your life as a skinny bird makes you view all the dieting and obsessing about weight as a bit crazy.

But before we derail another thread and make others peoples life harder (you love us really 😉 👿 ) I should say I've eaten another bounty and had a nightcap.
On topic oh yes, winner winner chicken dinner.

Back
Top Bottom