Building a Burger

All that looks just great. Nothing more satisfying than a make-your-own-burger day!!
I do have to ask though:
What is a tamed jalapeño? Does it come on a lead? Is it caged before eating? Does is do party tricks? :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
I wondered that myself and looked into it not long ago because I assumed they’d been through some sort of chemical process to take the sharp edge off but no they are a hybrid chilli. A jalapeño shape and texture tamed by introducing bell pepper to reduce the heat.

They are imo a delightful pickle everyone seems to enjoy.

So we went off to vote and then the birthday celebration begin with an easy 'light lunch' of burger n chips.

Wagyu burger
Mild Gherkins
Thin Sliced Red Onion
Iceberg lettuce
Arlintia Vine Grown Tomatoes
Tamed Jalapeños
Blacksticks Blue Burger Cheese Slices
Toasted Plain or Brioche Bun
Spiced Mayo, Tomato ketchup, Classic
Mayo
Triple Cooked Gastropub Chips with
Smoked Chilli Sea Salt
Beer battered onion rings

Outdoor cooking to save on the cleaning up.

View attachment 115620
View attachment 115621
Everyone stacked their burger however they preferred.
Looks great!

Chiles are rich in vitamin C and, when dried, vitamin A. They're also full of capsaicin which is an enzyme that burns when entering into contact with water. Capsaicin triggers the same chemicals in the brain as chocolate does (apparently), which might possibly explain the Mexican miracle called Mole. (Moh-lay).
I've been interested in chiles for over 25 years and will quite happily go into a Farmer's market , pick up a chile and eat it there and then. That doesn't mean I go ballistic and consume Carolina Reapers for breakfast; no, not a chance. No way am I going to get a heart attack at Borough Market.
The milder chiles (jalapeños, poblanos, banana, wax chiles, and the Mediterranean guindillas) add a lot of flavour to a dish IF you're not afraid of the heat. The severely hot ones (Naga Jolokia, Carolina Reaper, Red habaneros, Trinidad Scorpion) need to be treated with the utmost respect.

Back
Top Bottom