Can air fryers really cook chips (fries) from scratch?

According to the makers of the units, they are supposed to make chips, fries & other things just as good as you would do them on top of the stove in a frying pan. :whistling:

According to the makers of the units, they are supposed to make chips, fries & other things just as good as you would do them on top of the stove in a frying pan. :whistling:
They will definitely make good baked chips. They aren't really the same as deep fat frying them however. Quarter your potatoes and put them in a bowl either peeled or not. Add some oil, paprika, garlic powder, salt and pepper and toss them to cover them. Then put them in the air fryer. This has become a staple for us since I started using the air fryer. I cook them from a cold fryer for 17 minutes at 390 F. Use much less time if you like to preheat the unit.

They will definitely make good baked chips. They aren't really the same as deep fat frying them however. Quarter your potatoes and put them in a bowl either peeled or not. Add some oil, paprika, garlic powder, salt and pepper and toss them to cover them. Then put them in the air fryer. This has become a staple for us since I started using the air fryer. I cook them from a cold fryer for 17 minutes at 390 F. Use much less time if you like to preheat the unit.
Are you cutting these thin or thick?

Are you cutting these thin or thick?
I quarter the small potatoes I buy in a 5 lb. bag at the supermarket. One cut through the middle and another at 90 degrees. For larger potatoes you can cut in half lenghthwise then 3 or 4 times the other way. I'm looking for bite sized pieces.

Back
Top Bottom