Chicken dinners

Yes, absolutely! Gnawing on a cob o’ corn is one of the great pleasures of summertime…until your teeth leave you, anyway.

I understand that (the pleasure of gnawing on the cob) but still find it odd if served with food on a plate you need to eat with a knife and fork. In the UK we would definitely serve corn on the cob (preferably char grilled) when in season. But usually as a course on its own or with other BBQ foods to be eaten with the hands. Or at least, that is my experience. Not that I've been to any BBQ's in recent years...

I understand that (the pleasure of gnawing on the cob) but still find it odd if served with food on a plate you need to eat with a knife and fork. In the UK we would definitely serve corn on the cob (preferably char grilled) when in season. But usually as a course on its own or with other BBQ foods to be eaten with the hands. Or at least, that is my experience. Not that I've been to any BBQ's in recent years...
We don’t stand on such formality here.

“Siri?”
“Hmmmmm?”
“Google mashed potatoes and corn on the cob, please.”
“Googling ‘mashed potatoes and corn on the cob.”

1727735555501.png

I could have also replied with, “We’d just eat everything with our hands,” but I didn’t want you to think we’re too uncivilized over here. :wink:

We don’t stand on such formality here.

“Siri?”
“Hmmmmm?”
“Google mashed potatoes and corn on the cob, please.”
“Googling ‘mashed potatoes and corn on the cob.”

View attachment 119110

I could have also replied with, “We’d just eat everything with our hands,” but I didn’t want you to think we’re too uncivilized over here. :wink:
You just stick your face in the mashed potatoes and slurp lol.

Chicken Dinner for me, being born & raised in Hawaii, is grilled/BBQ'd Guava Chicken (bone-in/skin-on thighs please)
guava chicken.JPG

We'd serve it up family-style with a big bowl of Fried Rice
fried rice.jpg

Ok great!
Now I need this!
HEH! I have some already marinated chicken in the deep freeze and was just about ready to make some Hawaii-style Fried Rice!!!!

Chicken Dinner for me, being born & raised in Hawaii, is grilled/BBQ'd Guava Chicken (bone-in/skin-on thighs please)
View attachment 119120
We'd serve it up family-style with a big bowl of Fried Rice
View attachment 119121
Ok great!
Now I need this!
HEH! I have some already marinated chicken in the deep freeze and was just about ready to make some Hawaii-style Fried Rice!!!!
I'll be right over!

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom