Classic Prawn Cocktail

My prawn cocktails never come out right. I find it so hard getting the little buggers to shake properly in my cocktail shaker… :wink:
LOL :laugh:

The ones I make don't involve any cocktail shakers! To be truly a retro 1980s dish, you need a wine glass to serve it in but I'm not a wine drinker so I will make one in a ramekin size bowl instead.

LOL :laugh:

The ones I make don't involve any cocktail shakers! To be truly a retro 1980s dish, you need a wine glass to serve it in but I'm not a wine drinker so I will make one in a ramekin size bowl instead.

Don’t forget these sundae dishes 😂

IMG_2532.jpeg

Prawn cocktail is one of those things I still love to see on the menu.
Retro or not.
Esp served in an avocado, remember, Avo Ritz :)

I’m very happy prawn cocktail survived the 80’s, I like seeing it on the menu.
I also regularly eat avocado and prawn (without the lettuce bed). I think the world would be a darker place without it 😂
Of course my son’s allergy to the avocado part means I only have it when he’s not about, so I eat it A LOT in Spain.
Can’t think of Spain without thinking Oooo Avocado and Prawn 😂

Classic prawn cocktail is delish. You can't put it in a ramekin, though; that's like serving a pint of best bitter in a plastic bag. :laugh: :laugh:
It needs to be served in a sundae dish, or a wide mouthed wine glass.
Lettuce , cooked prawns, marie rose sauce, maybe a touch of tabasco, and maybe some avocado. Absolutely NO garlic.:laugh:
I did some for an event a couple of years ago, and basically, that's what it was. I might have spiked the Marie-Rose with something or other, and I might have added a tiny amount of minced onion. Or not.

Prawn cocktails 2.jpg

Classic prawn cocktail is delish. You can't put it in a ramekin, though; that's like serving a pint of best bitter in a plastic bag. :laugh: :laugh:
It needs to be served in a sundae dish, or a wide mouthed wine glass.
Lettuce , cooked prawns, marie rose sauce, maybe a touch of tabasco, and maybe some avocado. Absolutely NO garlic.:laugh:
I did some for an event a couple of years ago, and basically, that's what it was. I might have spiked the Marie-Rose with something or other, and I might have added a tiny amount of minced onion. Or not.

View attachment 119254
They look delicious! Unfortunately I don't own any glasses like that so I make do with what I've got!

Back
Top Bottom