Classic Prawn Cocktail

Right that's it! I've been shamed in to buying some dishes:

View attachment 119279

Hopefully these win everybody's approval! :laugh: :) 😎

I shall find out what they're like for making a prawn cocktail in at a later date so watch this space...
Perfect.
You won’t regret it.
Although you’ll find your prawn cocktails get bigger and bigger 😂

Right that's it! I've been shamed in to buying some dishes:

View attachment 119279

Hopefully these win everybody's approval! :laugh: :) 😎

I shall find out what they're like for making a prawn cocktail in at a later date so watch this space...
I was going to say just pop into a charity shop. They always have odd glasses selling very cheaply. But these look fine.

I was going to say just pop into a charity shop. They always have odd glasses selling very cheaply. But these look fine.
They were only £3 each so not too bad a price and I love eating seafood as a snack and they'll make great dishes for using up leftover milk as I have some Angel Delight (Butterscotch flavour of course) in the cupboard that will go great in them!

They were only £3 each so not too bad a price and I love eating seafood as a snack and they'll make great dishes for using up leftover milk as I have some Angel Delight (Butterscotch flavour of course) in the cupboard that will go great in them!
If you don’t mind me asking (if you do please just ignore this) but what sort of age are you?
Angel Delight is the pudding of some very specific generations.

Just trying out one of my new bowls:

20241007_165119444_iOS.jpg

Juicy prawns in a seafood sauce, server on a bed of lettuce with a few slices of cucumber and tomato - whoops, I forgot got a lemon slice to add some zing to it so shall get one put on after I've typed this post...

Just trying out one of my new bowls:

View attachment 119328

Juicy prawns in a seafood sauce, server on a bed of lettuce with a few slices of cucumber and tomato - whoops, I forgot got a lemon slice to add some zing to it so shall get one put on after I've typed this post...
Lovely.
Now rinse them out and get some angel delight in ‘em! 😂

Classic prawn cocktail is delish. You can't put it in a ramekin, though; that's like serving a pint of best bitter in a plastic bag. :laugh: :laugh:
It needs to be served in a sundae dish, or a wide mouthed wine glass.
Lettuce , cooked prawns, marie rose sauce, maybe a touch of tabasco, and maybe some avocado. Absolutely NO garlic.:laugh:
I did some for an event a couple of years ago, and basically, that's what it was. I might have spiked the Marie-Rose with something or other, and I might have added a tiny amount of minced onion. Or not.

View attachment 119254
Ooh, this looks so delicious... why wasn't I there??

Ooh, this looks so delicious... why wasn't I there??
My nephew's wedding. He insisted I did the catering. I went through the whole evening changing from a suit into Chef's whites, and back , and forth. Felt a bit like Robin Williams in the last part of Mrs Doubtfire :hyper: :laugh: :laugh:

Back
Top Bottom