Cooking addict from Bosnia

Welcome to CookingBites from Maidstone, Kent in the UK. :welcome:. Great to have a Bosnian on board!
Thank you for the warm welcome. It's great to be here. Will cook that traditional bosnian dishes soon: ćevapi, burek, apple pie (its season), baklava because im proud bosnian cook. You can get all bosnian ingredients when making those recipes (if you want to try recipe) in balkan shop in western part of London. Greetings to Maidstone!

Hiiiii! Zdravooo! Finally someone from my region(s), I am from Croatia! Welcome!
Hi, zdravooo bolan, đe si! We are rarity here but important, as a spice is. Evo tebra hocemo malo da prezentiramo bosansku kužinu i da isprepletemo sve korijene, mirise, sastojke i arome u predivnu tapiseriju kulinarsva- zasto da ne.

Sviđa mi se tvoja energija i postovi i lijepo mi je saznanje da imam tu susjeda-tku i jos legendarnog-nu. Thank you for welcoming me!

tebra hocemo malo da prezentiramo bosansku kužinu i da
Yeah! Ćao! Kako smo? Ajde, Vi možete bosansku jer ju poznate, ja onako postran8 ponešto legendarnih znam,ali ne izvorno...ja ću ovo što znam,zagorsku,zagrebačku,ja sam iz Zagreba, pa svašta nešto miješano...malo slavonske, slovenske, bugarske, dalmatinske kužine nešto e premda nije puno toga da znam, ja samo kućno kuham...ništa profi...
Ali tu smo, podržat ćemo se!
Together let's cook!

Yeah! Ćao! Kako smo? Ajde, Vi možete bosansku jer ju poznate, ja onako postran8 ponešto legendarnih znam,ali ne izvorno...ja ću ovo što znam,zagorsku,zagrebačku,ja sam iz Zagreba, pa svašta nešto miješano...malo slavonske, slovenske, bugarske, dalmatinske kužine nešto e premda nije puno toga da znam, ja samo kućno kuham...ništa profi...
Ali tu smo, podržat ćemo se!
Together let's cook!

Mod.comment:
A little reminder that our rules state posts must be in English language. We don't mind you and Reggiechefs exchanging greetings in the welcome thread but please stick to rules from now on.

please stick to rules from now on.
Very sorry, pure joy, but definitely yes.
Herewith translation:
Hey, how's it going! You can present the Bosnian as you know it, I have encountered some legendary dishes, but more from the side rows,not originally, so I will keep presenting the dishes I know, regional Zagorje ( hills region in radius of 40 km), Zagreb,as I am from Zagreb ( city), and then a mixture of Slavonia, Slovenia, Dalmatia, Bulgaria, although I don't really know much, being a simple home cook, not a professional by any means...
But as we are here, we shall be supporting each other!

Very sorry, pure joy, but definitely yes.
Herewith translation:
Hey, how's it going! You can present the Bosnian as you know it, I have encountered some legendary dishes, but more from the side rows,not originally, so I will keep presenting the dishes I know, regional Zagorje ( hills region in radius of 40 km), Zagreb,as I am from Zagreb ( city), and then a mixture of Slavonia, Slovenia, Dalmatia, Bulgaria, although I don't really know much, being a simple home cook, not a professional by any means...
But as we are here, we shall be supporting each other!
Im sorry for braking language policy. Will not happen again although its easily translated these days.
Its great that you have so many roots Slavonia, Slovenia, Dalmatia, Bulgaria there is so many delicious 😋 dishes that you can present. Dalmatia alone is one vastly rich cousin region with sea food, mediteranian apices, olive oils, Slavonia also with sosages, kulen, and other meat products...
Im also simple home cook, not professional. My nick is only chef but not my skills as so- yet :).

Yes, let's support each other to be best of our self as presenters of our region.

Im sorry for braking language policy
Hey, nothing to worry about.
I'm really interested in your recipes. "Central European" cuisine is seriously under-represented, so anything you could offer would be fantastic.
Borek. I've seen it, never tried it, but am interested to know how to make it.

Im sorry for braking language policy. Will not happen again although its easily translated these days.
Its great that you have so many roots Slavonia, Slovenia, Dalmatia, Bulgaria there is so many delicious 😋 dishes that you can present. Dalmatia alone is one vastly rich cousin region with sea food, mediteranian apices, olive oils, Slavonia also with sosages, kulen, and other meat products...
Im also simple home cook, not professional. My nick is only chef but not my skills as so- yet :).

Yes, let's support each other to be best of our self as presenters of our region.
It's fine if it is a short sentence here or there, and a translation is provided. But for longer chats we request English for a number of reasons. Don't worry about using broken English and say if you want us to correct you. One thing I do know is that your English is a lot better than my <insert almost any other language here> 😉

And welcome to CookingBites. :welcome:

I do enjoy burek and baklava even if I have to make them dairy free due to an allergy.

I've travelled quite widely, though my husband and I never made it to Bosnia due to ongoing issues at the border crossing when we were cycling down through Serbia. We had to turn back and find another route south or risk getting shot. It was a shame because we were looking forward to cycling through Bosnia and Croatia before heading down the coast to Greece.

It's fine if it is a short sentence here or there, and a translation is provided. But for longer chats we request English for a number of reasons. Don't worry about using broken English and say if you want us to correct you. One thing I do know is that your English is a lot better than my <insert almost any other language here> 😉

And welcome to CookingBites. :welcome:

I do enjoy burek and baklava even if I have to make them dairy free due to an allergy.

I've travelled quite widely, though my husband and I never made it to Bosnia due to ongoing issues at the border crossing when we were cycling down through Serbia. We had to turn back and find another route south or risk getting shot. It was a shame because we were looking forward to cycling through Bosnia and Croatia before heading down the coast to Greece.
There is no problems with using English: It's why I came here, to this forum, because of a challenge as I've said in the introduction post. If I wanted to talk my regional language, I would find and join a local forum but it's not interesting for me.

It's great that you have your own versions of burek and baklava, it could be great sometimes to drop a link if you make that recipe here- would gladly look at it.

For crossing the border part, I can say we are mostly in a peaceful region now but still, there is turbulence about part of Serbia with administrative tensions that sometimes produce a kind of dissatisfaction and protests, so public order services are activated to protect, probably foreigners for security. I don't want to scare anyone and I believe that everyone in the region is mostly oriented towards the economy, country development, exports, tourism... I think that people are smarter now... Last year I was on vacation on Albania and crossed in one direction on a continental route and on the return through coastal parts (Bosnia, Montenegro, Albania) and all passed very nicely without any problems but if you starting from Serbia point because of the plane flight. If I planned that cycling tour I would land the plane in Zagreb, Rijeka, or Split and then cycle toward the South (Greece) posibly. It could look something like this less or more: Zagreb, Plitvice, Bihać (National park Štrbački buk) Livno (wild horses), Mostar, Počitelj, Stolac (antic megalithic wall Daorson, Stećci parks: Radimlja, Boljuni, Potkuk), Nature Park- reservation park Hutovo Blato, Visoko (Bosnian piramids), Zavidovici (mystic sphere Park), Trebinje, Dubrovnik, Herceg Novi, Kotar, Dures, Vlore,...
Can't see it all in one run :) but it would be a rich experience.

Welcome again on the cycling tour, It is so a good idea to explore whatever country. I will do that someday or maybe with swimming by river routes :)- did not decide yet.

On here, you'll have plenty of recipes and foodie conversation to dig into. That's the main reason we're all together, and the culinary experiences from different countries across the globe makes it all the more interesting. Enjoy yourself!

There is no problems with using English: It's why I came here, to this forum, because of a challenge as I've said in the introduction post. If I wanted to talk my regional language, I would find and join a local forum but it's not interesting for me.

It's great that you have your own versions of burek and baklava, it could be great sometimes to drop a link if you make that recipe here- would gladly look at it.

For crossing the border part, I can say we are mostly in a peaceful region now but still, there is turbulence about part of Serbia with administrative tensions that sometimes produce a kind of dissatisfaction and protests, so public order services are activated to protect, probably foreigners for security. I don't want to scare anyone and I believe that everyone in the region is mostly oriented towards the economy, country development, exports, tourism... I think that people are smarter now... Last year I was on vacation on Albania and crossed in one direction on a continental route and on the return through coastal parts (Bosnia, Montenegro, Albania) and all passed very nicely without any problems but if you starting from Serbia point because of the plane flight. If I planned that cycling tour I would land the plane in Zagreb, Rijeka, or Split and then cycle toward the South (Greece) posibly. It could look something like this less or more: Zagreb, Plitvice, Bihać (National park Štrbački buk) Livno (wild horses), Mostar, Počitelj, Stolac (antic megalithic wall Daorson, Stećci parks: Radimlja, Boljuni, Potkuk), Nature Park- reservation park Hutovo Blato, Visoko (Bosnian piramids), Zavidovici (mystic sphere Park), Trebinje, Dubrovnik, Herceg Novi, Kotar, Dures, Vlore,...
Can't see it all in one run :) but it would be a rich experience.

Welcome again on the cycling tour, It is so a good idea to explore whatever country. I will do that someday or maybe with swimming by river routes :)- did not decide yet.
No plane flight involved, we were attempting to cycle around the world, so cycled into to Serbia from Hungary. At the time (12 , or 13 years ago) the Kosovo border wasn't stable and it was not in the news at all in the 'west'. They were not allowed to report it. It was only as we got almost to that crossing that people stopped us in the road and made us turn around. That day NATO soldiers had been given permission to open fire with live rounds on the demonstrators.

We had originally set out from our home in the UK. We emigrated to Australia a few years ago.

Back
Top Bottom