Cooking addict from Bosnia

That was long time ago. I hope now will everything be better- but still dont go on that crossing anymore. 🚳That was one hell of a kitchen that you survived. Im glad you are :) so we have CookingBites to cook for and every day is fiesta.

Not only do we have a collection of great cooks but we have some very interesting backgrounds. Just this week I've learned of world cyclists and former crew on an Orinoco river boat. An interesting group to be sure.
What type of river boat is that, on what river? Are the whole crew here?

No plane flight involved, we were attempting to cycle around the world, so cycled into to Serbia from Hungary. At the time (12 , or 13 years ago) the Kosovo border wasn't stable and it was not in the news at all in the 'west'. They were not allowed to report it. It was only as we got almost to that crossing that people stopped us in the road and made us turn around. That day NATO soldiers had been given permission to open fire with live rounds on the demonstrators.

We had originally set out from our home in the UK. We emigrated to Australia a few years ago.
That was long time ago. I hope from now on will everything be better- but still dont go on that crossing anymore 🚳.That was one hell of a kitchen that you survived. Im glad you are :) so we have CookingBites to cook for and every day is fiesta.

Im sorry that happened that way on your cycling tour but thats the world we live in. Some events just can't be predicted and avoided.

Back
Top Bottom