corn on the cob debate

I always do because:

1. Sweet doesn’t mean it can’t be sweeter
2. That’s what my mom and my grandmom did (which is probably the most important determinant). :laugh:

I also put some milk in the water. See #2 above.

I also salt it very heavily with table salt (not kosher), and some pepper, but the real treat is to put a couple of tablespoons of butter on a piece of bread, hold the bread in one hand, set the ear of corn in it, then run the corn back and forth, turning around and around, to coat the corn it melted butter, simultaneously buttering the bread, getting it soaked through and sopping wet.

When I was a kid, I’d occasionally get in trouble for buttering an ear that way, then putting the ear back on the platter, and just eating the bread, one slice after the other.

War Games?

My Pa has corn on the cob dishes so the every time you put the corn down and give it a twirl it’s bathed in buttery goodness 🤤

View attachment 115938

I have some of those.

Yeah, but you can’t eat that dish.
LOL

IMG_8765.jpeg
IMG_8766.jpeg

my grandfather had a large garden - in the era before sugar-enhanced and super-sweet varieties, he would not even _pick_ the corn until the water was boiling.

we have a local couple that do a small operation - we stop by after our morning walk - the corn still has water/sap droplets on the stems. it'sa some fresh stuff, Harry!

We grow ours.. picked thrn shucked then frozen. When I cook I take out of freezer and put a teaspoon of butter on each piece ( I cut cob into 3 after peeled) put in plastic bowl and cover in cling film then microwave 5mins . If just wife and I I do 3 mins.

Russ

Back
Top Bottom