Outdoor Kitchen

Local time
10:48 AM
My summer of cooking outside on the Ninja Woodfire and using a hob plate to keep the heat out of the house was a great success.
I really enjoyed it, I love cooking outside.
Especially the bit where you can use really high heat and the frying pan fat flies all over the place n who cares!

It’s a makeshift set up involving a temporary awning and an extension lead trailing across the floor to a not particularly brilliant table.
I’m going to do something more permanent (windproof) so I can enjoy cooking outside for longer.
Maybe year round 🤷‍♀️

The builder came this morning to fix some steps and a lean to (a bit like a car port just incase that’s lost in translation) seems to be the answer.
He said he’s just had a cancellation and can come end of November so a wafty idea I had is suddenly happening 👏

It won’t be anything grand. There won’t be a sink or gorgeous outdoor kitchen units, just a lean to, some sockets and to start with probably some plastic tubs with the necessary bits n bobs in them!

Is there anything I need to think about or might regret if I don’t sort it now?
For the green fingered on here I’d like a big plant or two ten but don’t know what will thrive outside in a pot next to the Bristol Channel?
Whatever the opposite to green fingered is that’s me, so something resilient!

Any experiences on outdoor furniture would also be gratefully recieved as I would like to get Mr SSOAP a chair. I’m hoping as it will be mainly sheltered from the elements maybe a recliner might survive out there?
I don’t know anything about it because our garden furniture has always had to be made out of very chunky wood to survive!

So yer, kitchen planning, plants and furniture thoughts if you have any.

For the green fingered on here I’d like a big plant or two ten but don’t know what will thrive outside in a pot next to the Bristol Channel?
Whatever the opposite to green fingered is that’s me, so something resilient!

Any experiences on outdoor furniture would also be gratefully recieved as I would like to get Mr SSOAP a chair. I’m hoping as it will be mainly sheltered from the elements maybe a recliner might survive out there?
I don’t know anything about it because our garden furniture has always had to be made out of very chunky wood to survive!

So yer, kitchen planning, plants and furniture thoughts if you have any.
Evergreens/pines should withstand the cold quite nicely. If they outgrow the pot you can put them in the ground. Adirondack chairs (vinyl or wood) are good outdoor chairs and you could buy cushions for them that you could store in a shed or somewhere when not in use to keep them clean.

Evergreens/pines should withstand the cold quite nicely. If they outgrow the pot you can put them in the ground. Adirondack chairs (vinyl or wood) are good outdoor chairs and you could buy cushions for them that you could store in a shed or somewhere when not in use to keep them clean.
Ooo I like them. Nice shape. Good value too. Thanks.

Yes, that's exactly what they are. Like Norfolk Pine, Scottish Pine, and the like.
Ah they aren’t a loved garden tree over here. They became very popular in the 70’s n 80’s and caused A LOT of neighbourly disputes.
So much so it sparked national debate on what peoples rights are and councils will turn up with orders demanding they are cut down to ‘a reasonable level’ which can be as little as 2 metres!

I have inherited a large number of them and they’ve caused me no end of problems.

So perhaps something else 😆

Ah they aren’t a loved garden tree over here. They became very popular in the 70’s n 80’s and caused A LOT of neighbourly disputes.
So much so it sparked national debate on what peoples rights are and councils will turn up with orders demanding they are cut down to ‘a reasonable level’ which can be as little as 2 metres!

I have inherited a large number of them and they’ve caused me no end of problems.

So perhaps something else 😆
They have dwarf sizes.

I didn't realize you could keep those alive outside there in winter. They die here.

On the cooking side - are you sure you don't want a pizza oven? Obviously other things besides pizza can be cooked in it.

I mean a brick built one.

Back
Top Bottom