Sharing food, what are your expectations?

That's me and Craig. After this many years, there's very little we haven't shared at some point.

I do draw the line at sharing a toothbrush, though Craig has accidentally used mine on occasion because he forgot what color his was. I just got a new one when mine was wet and wasn't supposed to be. The finger with toothpaste is always an option in a pinch.

Tasty, sounds like you have a berserker for a sister!
Yep toothbrushes are another no no. I was always told gum disease is transferable but that could be an old wives tale, sounds like it could be true though 🤷‍♀️

That's an interesting article SandwichShortOfAPicnic , I'm kinda the same as this doc/author... high value foods-get your own!

When dining out with others, If I offer, I'll give you some on a separate plate prior to digging in.

When we are travelling, we've both come to the conclusion that 1 meal is really enough for us two. We agree on an entrée (most times our server will bring us an empty plate), share a salad (I'll utilize my bread plate to portion some of the salad for myself - hate to pay a "split charge") and maybe each of us order an appetizer, that's plenty of food for us and no leftovers to worry about. Desserts are always shared! Just not from the same fork/spoon - get your own!

Fries? I don't mind sharing with my husband, but not just anyone.

Yep toothbrushes are another no no. I was always told gum disease is transferable but that could be an old wives tale, sounds like it could be true though 🤷‍♀️
Bacteria, viruses, and other pathogens can be transferred via toothbrushes, yes, so...

Oh yeah, BTW, I have my own tube of toothpaste and don't like sharing that either.

This intrigued me:
"Researchers report that after sharing food, oxytocin hormone levels in chimpanzees become elevated in both the giver and receiver."
If you've been around CB for awhile, you'll already know that I enjoy sharing dishes/baked goods/preserved foods, etc. with others.
I get a great sense of joy I suppose, from sharing what I've made.

This intrigued me:
"Researchers report that after sharing food, oxytocin hormone levels in chimpanzees become elevated in both the giver and receiver."
If you've been around CB for awhile, you'll already know that I enjoy sharing dishes/baked goods/preserved foods, etc. with others.
I get a great sense of joy I suppose, from sharing what I've made.
Sharing food with others is wonderful! Just not off my plate!

I had my eyebrows waxed the other day and the nice young gal I go to (who lives in our community) is a vegan, but she said that when ever I bring her anything (it's always sweet), she loves it and gobbles it down, "Auntie, you really should open your own shop and sell all of these goodies, you could make alot of money."
NOPE!
I'm retired, that means I don't work anymore. I do what I want to do, when I want to do it and then share what I want with who ever I like.

I had my eyebrows waxed the other day and the nice young gal I go to (who lives in our community) is a vegan, but she said that when ever I bring her anything (it's always sweet), she loves it and gobbles it down, "Auntie, you really should open your own shop and sell all of these goodies, you could make alot of money."
NOPE!
I'm retired, that means I don't work anymore. I do what I want to do, when I want to do it and then share what I want with who ever I like.
I’m so with you on that!
My friend said you really should start selling this sandwich meat, most of the mums I know would love sandwich meat free of nasties and frozen in wraps of 12 slices, they’d love it!

I said I think you’re right, I would have really appreciated not running out of sandwich meat when the children were at school and it not being full of cr*p.. but absolutely no way, I’m winding down, not ramping things up, you’re welcome to run with it though!

Gee, ya' know, today my Mom and I went out to eat and we each ordered something different and without even asking, I reached over and snagged a piece of her fish off of her plate to taste ... no complaints from her, nothing said other than, "good yeah?"
YEAH!!!
I offered her a taste of mine, but she declined, "I ordered that the last time we were here, don't you remember? And I said that you should order it..."

When I thought about this at the moment this afternoon, that's how it is between myself and my mother as well myself and my husband... just reach over and try a taste, no complaints, nothing said other than, "good, yeah?"
:laugh:

Gee, ya' know, today my Mom and I went out to eat and we each ordered something different and without even asking, I reached over and snagged a piece of her fish off of her plate to taste ... no complaints from her, nothing said other than, "good yeah?"
YEAH!!!
I offered her a taste of mine, but she declined, "I ordered that the last time we were here, don't you remember? And I said that you should order it..."

When I thought about this at the moment this afternoon, that's how it is between myself and my mother as well myself and my husband... just reach over and try a taste, no complaints, nothing said other than, "good, yeah?"
:laugh:
I think that’s kinda sweet, a sign of intimacy between people who are close.
Not that I’m not close to Mr SSOAP, I am, but I’ll have the hand off anyone who takes my food without asking including him 😆

Back
Top Bottom