The General Chat Thread (2016-2022)

Status
Not open for further replies.
They came to deliver and install it today. In order to fit the supply water and discharge pipes, this kitchen unit panel needed to be removed to provide access.

View attachment 20094

The panel was replaced after installation but 2 hours later my wife decided it wasn't straight. Upon removing the panel again, the black cat emerged.

:ohmy:

My boss finishes tomorrow, a bunch of us are going out for a meal on Friday evening then going into town to meet up with others for a drink or 2. I am happy to go for the meal but not the drinking session before or after. I don't mind a drink but getting hammered is not my idea of a fun night out :headshake:

How are your chickens doing?
Mum number 1 with 2 chicks 2 weeks old decided to attack mum number 2 with currently 2 chicks known about and at last 3 more pipped last night so hatching as we speak or already hatched. Sadly in away tonight (sleep study tests) which means I need to build a means of keeping them separate for the moment and whilst I'm away. And with them being bantam chicks they are tiny and can get through the smallest of gaps and like every other creature classed as a pet or farm animal, once out can't get back in again !
Are you sure it isn't your meds causing finger slippage :wink:
I wish it was, it would be much easier to fix !

My boss finished today, she bought in cream cakes. There was a presentation for her at 12.15 on the shopfloor then back into the office to open pressies. The FD had bought in a lovely cake, glasses and 3 bottles of Bollinger champagne. We all sipped, he offered more so I accepted as I wasn't going to be driving. One colleague had a few sips then tipped the rest into my glass, the FD then gave me a bottle just under a quarter full to finish off, so I have been supping Bolly all afternoon and got a bit squiffy :laugh:

Today's Friday, I'm off to get stuff ready for a 2 1/2 road trip to kaikoura. Tomorrow at midday were off for 3 day break. Kaikoura cup on Monday. Then home in time for the melbourne cup. It's horse racing season around here.
Were a racing family.

Russ

Today's Friday, I'm off to get stuff ready for a 2 1/2 road trip to kaikoura. Tomorrow at midday were off for 3 day break. Kaikoura cup on Monday. Then home in time for the melbourne cup. It's horse racing season around here.
Were a racing family.

Russ

Hope you have fun and post some pics of racing and/or food if you can.

Off out for a meal this evening, a celebration to wish my boss well, I am looking forward to the meal but won't be trawling the clubs afterwards to get hammered as others are.

I suggested the Italian restaurant but 1 one of my colleagues pulled a face and said that not everyone likes pasta so I had to point out that Italian food isn't just pasta :facepalm:we are going anyway, no doubt some people will complain because that is what they do. We have been a few times and have never had cause for complaint.

Goodbye faithful old CRT TV:

sony tv s.jpg

Hello 21st century.

TCL TV s.jpg

I see you've upgraded to the indoor model :laugh:

I'm just grateful that the shop sent someone to install the new one. No way could my wife and I carry that dinosaur. When we bought it 15 years ago we got the air conditioning service people to get it out of the box for us and lift it onto the "sideboard". Until Thirstday, it's never been moved since!

I have been on the Amazon website, typed in nut-free chocolate and 1 suggested item was chocolate covered brazil nuts :unsure: :scratchhead:

The Wild Boars were guests of honour at Man U last night.

wild boars.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom