Travel Plans 2025

As soon as we're done with everything the death of my MIL gave us to do (selling her house etc) we'll go on a well deserved 2 weeks of holiday to either Germany or France.
How's your husband holding up? It's a terribly sad thing, my DH is still having a hard time getting through the grieving process and the finalization of everything. It's not easy.

How's your husband holding up? It's a terribly sad thing, my DH is still having a hard time getting through the grieving process and the finalization of everything. It's not easy.
He's OK, his mother wasn't very loving. He's been sad a little, but also says he can only grieve when everything has been done and I can imagine that. He's the funeral director so we had to do everything and have basically been running around every day the past week and can only start resting this weekend.
I hope that when life returns to normal he gets to connect to his feelings more. I try to be away from the house a little more often because he says he's best at grieving when he's alone and that's the same for me.

I hope that when life returns to normal he gets to connect to his feelings more. I try to be away from the house a little more often because he says he's best at grieving when he's alone and that's the same for me.
It's a dreadful thing when a family member passes. I went through it 4 times over the past 2 years, but the first two, I had to visit the funeral parlour, inform the family, make the arrangements for the funeral, attend the funeral itself and, the most excruciating of all, toss earth on my parents' coffins.
It's a ghastly,nerve-wracking, soul-destroying task; but it has to be done in order to get closure and, eventually, peace of mind.
I wish you and your husband inner strength for your grieving. You will find peace as long as you let go. 💑

Yeah, you just got your Australian citizenship within the past couple years, right?
Yes. 2½ years now. It just makes life a lot easier especially getting back into Australia after you've been overseas.

Plus, and most people don't realise this, that with a permanent residency visa, they give you the first 5 years in and out of the country, but if you want to leave in years 5-10, you have to pay almost as much again as the PR visa cost in the first place. So it made more sense to us, to just put that money to being citizens instead.

Yes. 2½ years now. It just makes life a lot easier especially getting back into Australia after you've been overseas.

Plus, and most people don't realise this, that with a permanent residency visa, they give you the first 5 years in and out of the country, but if you want to leave in years 5-10, you have to pay almost as much again as the PR visa cost in the first place. So it made more sense to us, to just put that money to being citizens instead.
Yeah now you're pretty much settled and have happy chooks...plus intensely studying.

Back
Top Bottom