What did you cook or eat today (October 2024)?

Simply tell us what you cooked or ate in October 2024. Photos welcomed but not required.

Just simple cheesebread, OK, it's not simple... Because I touched it. Mozzarella and provolone blend with fresh thyme and red pepper flakes with freshly grated Romano on top at the end.

20241001_190317.jpg

I made a pork tenderloin with an apple butter sauce. Spiced peas and baked potatoes. I did something different with the potatoes. I split them in half. Oiled and seasoned them. Baked them face down on a baking sheet with parchment paper. Gave them a nice golden top. Cooked quicker, tasted great.

Dinner at Runyon's was quite good, though also quite expensive. I think we've only had 1 other meal for just the 2 of us that cost that much. Started with the ubiquitous crusty warm bread with whipped butter, then a crab-wasabi dip with pita points. Craig had a 22 oz rib eye with garlic-truffled mashed potatoes and chef's vegetables, which were green beans and carrots. I had their boneless prime rib, with a loaded baked potato and chef's vegetables. I also had 2 splits of prosecco. Craig had iced tea. We normally have sparkling water, but they only had the Saratoga brand and we don't like that. It has a really strong peppery/minerally taste, much, much stronger than San Pellegrino. We ordered double espressos for after dinner and they also brought us a freebie cheesecake with a raspberry drizzle for our anniversary. Service was great.

I forgot to take a picture of the crab dip until it was over half gone, so no picture.

We both ended up bringing about half our beef home.

Tonight's specials.
20241001_175816.jpg

20241001_183726.jpg

20241001_183739.jpg

20241001_185803.jpg

Dinner at Runyon's was quite good, though also quite expensive. I think we've only had 1 other meal for just the 2 of us that cost that much. Started with the ubiquitous crusty warm bread with whipped butter, then a crab-wasabi dip with pita points. Craig had a 22 oz rib eye with garlic-truffled mashed potatoes and chef's vegetables, which were green beans and carrots. I had their boneless prime rib, with a loaded baked potato and chef's vegetables. I also had 2 splits of prosecco. Craig had iced tea. We normally have sparkling water, but they only had the Saratoga brand and we don't like that. It has a really strong peppery/minerally taste, much, much stronger than San Pellegrino. We ordered double espressos for after dinner and they also brought us a freebie cheesecake with a raspberry drizzle for our anniversary. Service was great.

I forgot to take a picture of the crab dip until it was over half gone, so no picture.

Tonight's specials.
View attachment 119151
View attachment 119152
View attachment 119153
View attachment 119154
Happy anniversary! Glad it was good!

Tonight's specials.
View attachment 119151
View attachment 119152
View attachment 119153
View attachment 119154
That is a nice looking meal. Congratulations

Tovala meals. Craig had mojo braised pork and vegetables over brown rice, with garnishes of pickled red onions and crunchy tortilla bits. I had a spinach and coleslaw salad with roasted sweet potatoes, honey mustard dressing, sliced almonds and shredded parm.
20241002_184028.jpg

Back
Top Bottom