What did you cook or eat today (October 2024)?

As Autumn is now upon us here in the UK a warm breakfast is on the cards - American style lightly smoked bacon with a delicately poached egg on a thin slice of white sourdough bread - yum!

20241013_073126114_iOS.jpg

Tried out the two step roasting heat on today’s roast. It gets 5 mins at 330c (630f) and then drops down to 140c (280f) for 1 1/2 hours.

IMG_4323.jpeg

The idea is it briefly blast the outside and that tightens it holding the juices in the meat. I didn’t believe it one bit so it’s taken me a long time to get round to trying it. I thought the breast would be dry but no it worked! It was very juicy.

Looking forward to trying it out on other joints to see how they fare.

The temp spike did not like the high temps however and alarmed “TAKE THE SPIKE OUT NOW BEFORE DAMAGE OCCURS” might be needing a new thermometer 😂

Last edited:
Sort of pad prik khing
But with chicken instead of pork and I added onions
Even worse, i grill/smoked the chicken yesterday and the chick was rubbed with Portuguese chicken spice :)
It still ended up a very tasty meal
View attachment 119514
That is fusion confusion! But if it tastes good then brilliant.

We had family dinner so corned beef and carrots with mash potatoes and sauteed cabbage and bacon. And mustard sauce. 15 yo granddaughter fave meal. 8 out of 10 people went back for seconds
I had a surplus of apples so I made apple crumble earlier so that was dessert. With ice cream and full cream.
Bit of crumble left over for my tea tonight??

Russ

Back
Top Bottom