What did you cook or eat today (September 2023)?

Status
Not open for further replies.
The cinnamon bun looks good. I suppose a vegan version is not much different than a non-vegan one. Same with the muffin.

What is the stuff that looks like scrambled eggs on your husband's plate?

CD
Muffins often have butter and eggs in them, these don't. The main difference with the cinnamon bin is the icing, again not butter.

The stuff that looks like scrambled eggs is scrambled tofu.

The cafe is the one of only 2 dedicated vegan cafes (as opposed to restaurants) in Canberra city centre and is usually packed with queues through the door.

Chicken sandwich with fries.
1000002339.jpg

Out and about yesterday, went to Wendy’s for lunch ($5 Biggie Bag, or whatever they call it).

The striking thing was: 1:30PM on a Saturday, in a busy, busy area…I was the only customer in the place, I stayed for one hour (killing time, mainly), and no one else came in, and no drive-through traffic.

It was nice having the place to myself, but it was also disquieting.
All you needed was this guy to walk in..
IMG_3999.gif

Pasticcio based on a Michael Symon recipe from his grilling dinner series, Cooking Out. I used lamb instead of beef, and less cinnamon than he does, but that's a given since a little cinnamon goes a longggg way for me. I cooked all the parts inside, but Craig finished on the Weber over charcoal. We really liked it. The grill gave it a nice bit of extra flavor.

No picture yet because Craig didn't want to wait quite long enough for it to cool so it kind of collapsed. There are leftovers so hopefully i can get a picture later.

The cookout with my neighbors got postponed, so I had steak instead. Nolan Ryan ribeye (pasture raised from start to finish), sous vide, then seared in butter in a cast iron pan. I had leftover pasta and clam sauce for my side. Surf and turf?

1693886032025.jpeg

CD

So a lentil dish hubby has said I can make again. He's actually really disappointed that we've eaten all of the New Zealand Yams (aka Oca). But it's a great way to use a tin of lentils and some frozen spinach plus any roasted root veg.
20230904_181215.jpg

And then tonight's tea, tomato & lentil soup with "mock duck" and some roasted aubergine pieces.
20230905_182305.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom