What made you smile recently (2023)?

Status
Not open for further replies.
This always makes me laugh:

IMG_6045.jpeg

I’m standing in the driveway of one brother’s house, taking that picture. The red circle on the left is another brother’s house, just a few houses down, and the circle on the right is my sister’s house, at the end of that little street, just two houses beyond.

Until my parents went into care and had to coordinate helping with them, those three could go months and months and months (and more) without talking to each other - not out of anger or anything, it’s just that we all tend to leave each other alone unless someone needs something.

A third one from me:

I’ve mentioned we’re a family of nicknames, and we all have several bestowed upon us by the others (some not for public consumption :laugh: ).

I earned a new one today, based on a popular fast-food slogan here (and maybe elsewhere, idk).

Arby’s ads here, touting how big their sandwiches are, say, “We have the MEATS!” - along with a picture of a giant, overstuffed roast beef sandwich.

Well, today, I’d ordered a side of goetta with my breakfast, and was eating that, when MrsT gave me one of her sausage links, and then my sister asked if I wanted one of her pieces of bacon, which I gladly accepted, and then my SIL gave me one of her sausage links.

My brother looked at me and said, “You doin’ okay over there, R. B.?”

“What? Why’re you callin’ me R. B.?”

“ ‘Cause…you have the MEATS!” - in a big, booming voice, mimicking the TV ads.

Now they’re all calling me “R. B.”

This always makes me laugh:

View attachment 105665

I’m standing in the driveway of one brother’s house, taking that picture. The red circle on the left is another brother’s house, just a few houses down, and the circle on the right is my sister’s house, at the end of that little street, just two houses beyond.

Until my parents went into care and had to coordinate helping with them, those three could go months and months and months (and more) without talking to each other - not out of anger or anything, it’s just that we all tend to leave each other alone unless someone needs something.

This begs the question: how (or why) did they end up living on the same street?

This begs the question: how (or why) did they end up living on the same street?
It’s just how it worked out, it definitely wasn’t intentional. What’s also interesting, it’s not like that’s some big town that people here would naturally gravitate to; it’s extremely small, basically just a spot where the highway runs through, and a couple of skinny little side streets either side - no post office, no stop light, and the entire commercial district in the town is made up up a small convenience store (like a village shop) and a bar.

When they all had their kids still living at home, we used to laugh that they made up 30% of the total population. :laugh:

There can be too much of both though.

I forgot I had added vanilla in a cream cheese pie once and added it again. It was definitely NOT one of my best.

My BIL loved zatziki and garlic so he decided to add a bunch of extra garlic to a batch of zatziki. He ended up doubling everything else so it could be eaten.

I have had a couple of nice shirts missing for quite a while. One of them is my favorite shirt. I've looked all over the house, multiple times. I even had my sister search her house. I kinda' gave up. I figured I left them in a hotel room somewhere on my travels.

Sooooo, today I'm driving up Hillcrest Blvd in Frisco, see my dry cleaners shop. "I wonder if I left the shirts there," I pondered. Surely if I did, they got rid of them long ago.

I made a U-turn, and drove back and popped in. The same Asian woman who is always there was still there (Asians own EVERY dry-cleaners in Texas, perhaps the world, for all I know). I told here my story, she got on the computer, and said, "Yes, you have three shirts here." She went and got them, and there was my favorite shirt!!!

She looked at the ticket, and gasped. "These been here since last October." We laughed, I paid, and I am reunited with my favorite shirt. :dance:

1697057627993.jpeg

American Musclecars late 60s early 70s. I get complements everything I wear this.

CD

Last edited:
A third one from me:

I’ve mentioned we’re a family of nicknames, and we all have several bestowed upon us by the others (some not for public consumption :laugh: ).

I earned a new one today, based on a popular fast-food slogan here (and maybe elsewhere, idk).

Arby’s ads here, touting how big their sandwiches are, say, “We have the MEATS!” - along with a picture of a giant, overstuffed roast beef sandwich.

Well, today, I’d ordered a side of goetta with my breakfast, and was eating that, when MrsT gave me one of her sausage links, and then my sister asked if I wanted one of her pieces of bacon, which I gladly accepted, and then my SIL gave me one of her sausage links.

My brother looked at me and said, “You doin’ okay over there, R. B.?”

“What? Why’re you callin’ me R. B.?”

“ ‘Cause…you have the MEATS!” - in a big, booming voice, mimicking the TV ads.

Now they’re all calling me “R. B.”

I'm familiar with arby's from Seinfeld lol

Russ

I have had a couple of nice shirts missing for quite a while. One of them is my favorite shirt. I've looked all over the house, multiple times. I even had my sister search her house. I kinda' gave up. I figured I left them in a hotel room somewhere on my travels.

Sooooo, today I'm driving up Hillcrest Blvd in Frisco, see my dry cleaners shop. "I wonder if I left the shirts there," I pondered. Surely if I did, they got rid of them long ago.

I made a U-turn, and drove back and popped in. The same Asian woman who is always there was still there (Asians own EVERY dry-cleaners in Texas, perhaps the world, for all I know). I told here my story, she got on the computer, and said, "Yes, you have three shirts here." She went and got them, and there was my favorite shirt!!!

She looked at the ticket, and gasped. "These been here since last October." We laughed, I paid, and I am reunited with my favorite shirt. :dance:

View attachment 105764

American Musclecars late 60s early 70s. I get complements everything I wear this.

CD

I support the Brisbane Broncos league team. I bought a shirt about 1990and wore it all the time. About 10 years ago it was that battered around edges I took it to a professional clothing repair shop. Spent about $20 for repairs. I recently threw it out. It was beyond repair.
So I know where you are coming from.

Russ

The Texas Rangers (Major League Baseball team for Dallas) has made it to the third round of the playoffs, the American League Championship Series. They will either play Minnesota or Houston to move on to The World Series!

CD

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom