What made you smile recently (2023)?

Status
Not open for further replies.
IMG_20231121_183456_514.jpg

Hertz offered me an electric car for the price of a standard rental car (they often give me special upgrades). I decided, "Why not?"

It is a Polestar 2 sedan (Volvo's EV brand).

It took a while to get used to, but I like it. When I got near my sister's house, there was a wide-open section of good roadway, so I decided to step on it. Holy-Moly!! It threw me back in the seat like a rag doll. 😃 Yeah, that made me smile... and laugh a bit.

CD

I will never ever ever ever drive an electric car.

Russ

Too woke? :wink:

I'm not planning to buy one, but it has been a lot of fun to play with. 455HP. Zero to 60 MPH (zero to 100KPH) in 4 seconds, and it is instant power. A Holden Commodore SS-V is 349HP, and zero to 100KPH in 5 seconds.

Being a motorhead, if you get the chance to drive one for free, you should do it.

CD

Too woke? :wink:

I'm not planning to buy one, but it has been a lot of fun to play with. 455HP. Zero to 60 MPH (zero to 100KPH) in 4 seconds, and it is instant power. A Holden Commodore SS-V is 349HP, and zero to 100KPH in 5 seconds.

Being a motorhead, if you get the chance to drive one for free, you should do it.

CD

Octane runs through my veins. My son picked me up to do a car swap with another car. His company car is a Subaru SUV. He stopped at lights and I commented his new car was quiet.then he said its petrol/ electric.
He loves it. And hes a petrolhead like me. He sold his 65 impala for his house deposit. He races go karts.

Suppose I'd drove if it was given to me. I'd remove any badging saying electric!!!

Lol

Russ

I love petrol engines but owning an electric Harley and having test driven a Tesla the experience totally changes your mind, not on the environmental arguments but purely from a powerful super fun ride/drive that blows petrol engines out of the water.
Saying no to them is like saying you’d rather stick with a steam engine than try combustion.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom