What made you smile recently (2023)?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Were you able to watch the video I posted? Those are Parrotheads. Generally older people who take their admiration of Jimmy Buffet way over the top. They dress up like pirates, get drunk and stoned, and listen to mediocre (I'm being kind) music. Kind of like Deadheads with The Grateful Dead.

Up until today, I hadn't a clue who Jimmy Buffet was!

The video meant nothing to me (who used to be a hippy in the 60s and 70s).

Some Nicola entries following her arrest (and release).

Bullseye.jpg

Facts.jpg

Krankies.jpg

New black.jpg

Lyingscot.jpg

I usually try to be nice about celebrities I don’t like, but after having endured an uncle, two roommates, and a coworker who were rabid Buffet fans, I must say, I’m enjoying the digs at JB.

One of those roommates once tried to convince me that “Margaritaville” was the single greatest artistic comment on the human condition that was ever created, in any art form…and he was serious.

I usually try to be nice about celebrities I don’t like, but after having endured an uncle, two roommates, and a coworker who were rabid Buffet fans, I must say, I’m enjoying the digs at JB.

One of those roommates once tried to convince me that “Margaritaville” was the single greatest artistic comment on the human condition that was ever created, in any art form…and he was serious.
You're nice about everyone you don't like. It shows a lot of your pleasant character that you include celebrities in the mix. I think you draw the line at politicians?

Did you want to throw up about the Margaritaville comment? It rates right up there with Cheeseburger in Paradise, LOL!

You're nice about everyone you don't like.
In the words of a quality musician (so not Jimmy Buffet), “If you could read my mind, love…” :laugh:

I think horrible things about some people, I just don’t open my mouth and let them out!

I think you draw the line at politicians?
I slip up a couple of times, but I try not to. I do see a difference between laughing at the usual missteps politicians invariably make, regardless of party, and being so hate-filled at someone that you can’t stop for a moment and see a funny thing for what it is.

For example, Biden falling off that bike made me laugh. It was so slapstick. Trump saying “hamberders” also made me laugh, so I’d have no issue poking fun at both those things, but I’ve had supporters of both people tell me that if I really was behind someone, I shouldn’t do that…save the ridicule for “the other guy.” - I can’t get behind that.

You fall off a bike for no reason or mangle a word…I’m going to laugh at you if you’re a politician.

Did you want to throw up about the Margaritaville comment? It rates right up there with Cheeseburger in Paradise, LOL!
You can’t argue with people like that, it’s useless.

In the words of a quality musician (so not Jimmy Buffet), “If you could read my mind, love…” :laugh:

I think horrible things about some people, I just don’t open my mouth and let them out!

I slip up a couple of times, but I try not to. I do see a difference between laughing at the usual missteps politicians invariably make, regardless of party, and being so hate-filled at someone that you can’t stop for a moment and see a funny thing for what it is.

For example, Biden falling off that bike made me laugh. It was so slapstick. Trump saying “hamberders” also made me laugh, so I’d have no issue poking fun at both those things, but I’ve had supporters of both people tell me that if I really was behind someone, I shouldn’t do that…save the ridicule for “the other guy.” - I can’t get behind that.

You fall off a bike for no reason or mangle a word…I’m going to laugh at you if you’re a politician.

You can’t argue with people like that, it’s useless.

Love Gordon Lightfoot and Harry Chapin too, similar styles IMO.

The late night comedy show hosts make lots of jokes about Biden's age and they way he speaks. I voted for the guy, and I laugh. I've seen him laugh at jokes about him -- it happens every year at the White House Correspondent's Dinner. Biden, Obama, Bush, Clinton... they all seemed to be able to laugh at themselves. Trump didn't go, because he couldn't handle anyone telling jokes about him. What a sad way to live your life.

CD

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom