What made you smile recently (2023)?

Status
Not open for further replies.

1686900562243.png

CD

My grandparents had a clock very much like that.
It tickles me that the Scottish rock band "The Jesus and Mary Chain" have been applauded (including by me) for their inventive and edgy name. Recently the brothers admitted that they got the name after their mother, a proper catholic woman would trail them around religeous sites. At one they ended up in the gift shop where they were sent into fits of schoolboy giggles over a display of cheap looking necklaces with plastic models of the infant messiah and his virgin mother hanging from them. The sign above the shelf proudly announced THE Jesus and Mary Chain.

I went to the Allen Premium Outlets mall about 10 miles from home today, and was happy to see that the parking lot was packed, and the stores were busy.

On May 6, 2023, a mass shooting occurred at Allen Premium Outlets. Nine people, including the perpetrator, were killed during the shooting, the youngest of whom was a three-year-old boy, and seven others were injured.

I wondered whether the shooting would also kill the mall, and hundreds of jobs. But it didn't. I saw four Allen Police SUVs at the mall, but I guess that is to be expected, at least for a while.

It is just nice to see that fear isn't stopping people from living their lives.

CD

We have an "all you can eat" buffet in town. Thai food.

If you don't eat everything that you've put on your plate, you are charged extra.

And the staff never take their eyes off you.

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom