What made you smile recently (2023)?

Status
Not open for further replies.
PXL_20230621_143852079.jpg

I cooked for an event on Tuesday night: "Indian Street Food". We did 7 courses for 30 people, in about 90 minutes or so. As it was a menu where (a) one plate at a time was served and (b) everyone was served at once and (c) I had explain what the dishes were before they ate them, i reckon that was a pretty good time scale.
Spoke to one of the owners yesterday and asked him how he thought it went.
" I was very happy. The food was great, everyone loved it, it was different, and from my point of view, front of house, everything ran smoothly. I heard that the kitchen was a bit chaotic, like all Hell broke loose..."
Made me chuckle. If it hadn't been chaotic and if Hell hadn't broken loose, you wouldn't have eaten, mate! :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

I cooked for an event on Tuesday night: "Indian Street Food". We did 7 courses for 30 people, in about 90 minutes or so. As it was a menu where (a) one plate at a time was served and (b) everyone was served at once and (c) I had explain what the dishes were before they ate them, i reckon that was a pretty good time scale.
Spoke to one of the owners yesterday and asked him how he thought it went.out right. Well done!
" I was very happy. The food was great, everyone loved it, it was different, and from my point of view, front of house, everything ran smoothly. I heard that the kitchen was a bit chaotic, like all Hell broke loose..."
Made me chuckle. If it hadn't been chaotic and if Hell hadn't broken loose, you wouldn't have eaten, mate! :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Sounds about right. You did well! Any photos?

There was an answer of a picture of a duck decoy on Jeopardy the other day in a category of something about old style crafting or ducks, I don't remember exactly. NOT A SINGLE one of the contestants had the question.

Several days before that, there was an answer about a missing word in the Lord's Prayer. Father who art in heaven, _________ be thy name, ... I was raised in a Southern Baptist church but stopped going in my mid teens. Craig was raised in a Lutheran church, but stopped going in his pre teens. Both of us knew the answer. NONE of the contestants did.

Last edited:
H
There was an answer of a picture of a duck decoy on Jeopardy the other day in a category of something about old style crafting or ducks, I don't remember exactly. NOT A SINGLE one of the contestants had the question.

Several days before that, there was an answer about a missing word in the Lord's Prayer. Father who art in heaven, _________ be thy name, ... I was raised in a Southern Baptist church but stopped going in my mid teens. Craig was raised in a Lutheran church, but stopped going in his pre teens. Both of us knew the answer. NONE of the contestants did.
Hallowed. I went to church as a youngster.

Russ

H

Hallowed. I went to church as a youngster.

Russ
Many people who don't go to church were forced to go as kids. All of us know the answer. But I think that prayer is so well-known that even people who didn't go to church know that .

Any photos?
Hope so. there were a couple of pro photographers there, so I might actually get a normal picture of me rather than one with my mouth wide open, with half an arm in the screen or in some contorted position when trying to reach for the serving spoons. :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom