What made you smile recently (2023)?

Status
Not open for further replies.
OMG, that reminds me of a job interview I had once. I was interviewed by the female co-owner. I was a single mom then and it was for a part time evening second job, so, while I was just a few years older than most of the other young women, I guess she thought I was more responsible. She went off on this rant about the younger women using all the toilet paper on a roll and not replacing it. Then, when she complained to them in a female office meeting about that, they started leaving 1 or 2 squares of toilet paper on the roll. I was kind of speechless about hearing that in a job interview, but finally stammered out that I would always get a new roll and put it on the back of the toilet when the roll started getting low. Guess I made a good impression because I got the job, but jeez..

The place I used to work at, people stole light bulbs and toilet blocks :o_o:

The place I used to work at, people stole light bulbs and toilet blocks :o_o:
When I was in the military, it was just sort of understood that you'd "borrow" things from the office to take home. Toilet paper, office supplies, cleaning supplies, anything like that.

One of my additional duties during my first few years of service was as the office supply rat - I had to keep the office stocked with everyday supplies, everything from vacuum cleaner bags to typewriter ribbons, etc. That meant I had access to the base supply warehouse, which was sort of like a giant Sam's Club/Costco.

If I saw something mildly intriguing, like a funky set of stencils or a little repair kit of some sort...into the basket it went, and back to the office it went, whether we actually needed it or not.

Screenshot_20230702-191445_Facebook.jpg

We were sitting at dinner table last night and mr8 Jonty sitting next to me started between eating singing a verse from the clash. I listened the second time. Yip. Should I stay or should I go now.!! Definitely the clash. I said to my son, how the hell does he know a clash song word for word. ? He said the kids listen to that stuff at home all the time.
Blows me away
Incidentally joe strummer celebrated his birthday recently. 75.? Debbie harry was 78 yesterday.

Russ

This is funny but you need to know why. My province Canterbury has a team In super rugby competition. It involves about a dozen teams from Australia here and Pacific. We have won it for the 7th year in a row. Our coach is something different and the new all black coach for next year.
His team are a tight unit. The first five grew up quite close to me. The coacjd wife joined in at the end. His name is scott Robertson. Aka razor ray. That's what they are singing.

Russ

Monday morning mood after a Super Rugby Final win! 🕺 #StanSportAU #SuperRugbyPacific #CHIvCRU | By Stan Sport Rugby | Facebook

. My province Canterbury has a team In super rugby competition
Love my rugby. I was an enthusiastic, but not very good rugby player (got my front teeth knocked out in a clumsy tackle, and my ears almost rubbed off when I volunteered to go 2nd row at Uni). Still love the game and absolutely will not miss an All Blacks game if I can. Great team, great spirit, great to watch. Jonah Lomu - just the best ever.

Love my rugby. I was an enthusiastic, but not very good rugby player (got my front teeth knocked out in a clumsy tackle, and my ears almost rubbed off when I volunteered to go 2nd row at Uni). Still love the game and absolutely will not miss an All Blacks game if I can. Great team, great spirit, great to watch. Jonah Lomu - just the best ever.

The jonah lomu after he died showed his wifes greedy side. A nasty money grabbing b@#$% . Shes married a few rich guys too fulfil her needs. Used her kids to raise money etc.

Russ

I had to go to Miami today for an errand. While on the expressway, I caught up to a tanker truck that pumps out portable toilets. On the back of the truck under the name of the company was a very big yellow sticker almost as wide as the tank with CAUTION in red letters. Underneath, it said This Tank Is Full Of Political Promises.

I lost it. If Craig had been with me, I would have had him take a picture, but at 65 MPH in Miami traffic, wasn't going to take the chance.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom