What made you smile recently (2023)?

Status
Not open for further replies.
It’s Doctor Who reference. That’s his time-traveling ship, and a characteristic of it is that “It’s bigger on the inside” - a lot bigger.

It’s running joke on DW - the first time anyone steps inside, they almost always remark with awe that “it’s bigger on the inside.”

View: https://youtu.be/4_nO8LSqTsY
The term 'it's like the Tardis in there' has become quite popular for somewhere that looks bigger on the inside than on the outside.
I used to watch the old Dr. Who years and years ago (never have seen the new one) and I don't remember that line.

You failed the sci-fi nerd test. :laugh:

CD
I watched a lot of old Dr. Who many years ago and never heard that line that I can remember. Are you trying to tell me that the phrase was in the original series before these young uns decided the remake was the only relevant version?

I started watching at the 5th doctor and vaguely remember there being mention of bigger on the inside. Didn't watch again until some of 9th, then all of 10th and 11th doctors, but lost interest again after that.

They aren't what I would call remakes. It's always been the old doctor  dying and being replaced by a new doctor every so often since the beginning.

Yes, the Doctors die, and regenerate as new Doctors. That's how the show keeps going when one actor leaves and a new one steps in. I like some of them more than others.

David Tennant was my favorite Doctor...

1691884042465.png

CD

That’s DW #3, John Pertwee. He was the first action DW, not afraid to throw in some “Venusian aikido” to vanquish his foes. 🕺

I believe Tom Baker, the forth Doctor was the first one I watched.

1691889113999.png

I can imagine you in that attire, too. :okay:

CD

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom