What made you smile recently (2023)?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Am I the only one old enough to remember William Hartnell?

1691889526281.jpeg

I believe Tom Baker, the forth Doctor was the first one I watched.

View attachment 103463

I can imagine you in that attire, too. :okay:

CD
I have that scarf, all 25 feet of it.

True story, we went to the Christmas lights one year at the zoo, and it corresponded to a DW special being shown on TV and simulcast in theaters, and I unknowingly dressed exactly like Tom Baker.

It was one of those dismal foggy/rainy early winter nights, so I had the scarf, a dark olive overcoat, and a big fedora. We got to the zoo, got inside, and a young woman working one of the food stands saw me and said something like, “Oh, you’re watching it later, too, huh?”

I honestly had no idea why she was asking me that or what she was even talking about until I noticed she was wearing the same scarf (but in a reasonable length). :laugh:

You've been watching Dr. Wbo since you were 3?
No, 3 meaning he’s the third incarnation of the Doctor. It’s a lot easier than saying “Pertwee’s Doctor,” or “Matt Smith’s Doctor.”

Doctors are all well and good, BTW, but we all know the Companions are where it’s at!

Most people’s favorite:
IMG_5347.jpeg

Wikipedia

My favorite:
IMG_5348.jpeg

Wikipedia

Most hated:
IMG_5349.jpeg

Wikipedia

Most controversial:
IMG_5350.jpeg

Wikipedia

No, 3 meaning he’s the third incarnation of the Doctor. It’s a lot easier than saying “Pertwee’s Doctor,” or “Matt Smith’s Doctor.”

Doctors are all well and good, BTW, but we all know the Companions are where it’s at!

Most people’s favorite:
View attachment 103483
Wikipedia

My favorite:
View attachment 103484
Wikipedia

Most hated:
View attachment 103485
Wikipedia

Most controversial:
View attachment 103486
Wikipedia
I think the 1st two photos are kinda your type, looks wise. The rest would depend on their voice and delivery, of which I have no idea...

Anybody else watch Good Omens with David Tennant? If you like dry humor and are okay with mixed race and same sex couples check it out. I've enjoyed both seasons so far and hope for a third, though if it's not picked up for a third season, a written version has been promised. It starts out in the Garden of Eden and it's been speculated that the character Tennant plays is actually Lucifer, though is going by a different name. Watching him  swagger through the show is quite the experience.

John Hamm is an insufferable pig in season 1 as Gabriel, but watching him in season 2 is interesting in more than 1 way.

Last edited:
Yes, the Doctors die, and regenerate as new Doctors. That's how the show keeps going when one actor leaves and a new one steps in. I like some of them more than others.

David Tennant was my favorite Doctor...

View attachment 103453

CD

We started watching when Chritopher Ecclestone took over, did a sterling job, David did well with some pretty ropey episodes. Love him in Good Omens

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom