What made you smile recently (2024)?

7.jpg

I know I shouldn’t laugh at this I really do but I can’t help it.
Yet another bizarre botched restoration of something historic in spain.

This is a 300 year old Baroque church and someone let Pedro go mad with pinky orange paint..

IMG_2364.jpeg

IMG_2363.jpeg

Not the first ‘have a go’ makeover on a historic piece of work in Spain and it won’t be the last!

Funny moment, as I was walking passed a large shoe shop, my left eye spotted a (toddler sort of) child-like manequin in the window.
It is never there, I pass the shop daily, since when?
It was a split second before I realized it was a real toddler moving around, probably shoe shopping with his elderly, but stood still for a moment.

No idea, I assumed that initially but it looks like a name is printed under the title on the cover 🤷‍♀️
They have an active website and quite the following, it appears!

“Poo,” in this case, is apparently short for her nickname Chompoo, which the website says means “rose apple,” but who knows, maybe the whole thing’s a put-on to sell aprons (advertised with the slogan, “I cooked with Poo and liked it!”). :laugh:

They have an active website and quite the following, it appears!

“Poo,” in this case, is apparently short for her nickname Chompoo, which the website says means “rose apple,” but who knows, maybe the whole thing’s a put-on to sell aprons (advertised with the slogan, “I cooked with Poo and liked it!”). :laugh:
It has a gimmicky look to it doesn’t it 😂
I did make one search for it but the results threw up another book that distracted me more called ‘White Trash Cooking’ I was torn, it’s sold a lot of copies, it’s an older cookery book that’s got great reviews and no doubt recipe’s I’d be interested in but the photo on the front cover left me cold, did this woman agree to being on a book cover as white trash?
Doesn’t seem a nice thing to do to someone.

IMG_2382.jpeg

It has a gimmicky look to it doesn’t it 😂
I did make one search for it but the results threw up another book that distracted me more called ‘White Trash Cooking’ I was torn, it’s sold a lot of copies, it’s an older cookery book that’s got great reviews and no doubt recipe’s I’d be interested in but the photo on the front cover left me cold, did this woman agree to being on a book cover as white trash?
Doesn’t seem a nice thing to do to someone.

View attachment 116890
I'm sure it was a model made up to look like that. At least I hope so. You never know though. Some of the people the TV news interview make me shudder.

Some of the people the TV news interview
Speaking of interviews, it did not made me smile, it raised my eyebrows.
Not entirely sure if it is true, but it could sadly be.
Apparently a politician was gifted (donkey) poo(h). Publicly, nice words etc.
What?
Then the article went on to describe the business of the gifter. He apparently sells donkey poo(h) ' extracts' as lucky charm souvenirs.

Come again?

Can you believe that?

Back
Top Bottom