What made you smile recently (2024)?

IMG_0828.jpeg

I like to do what I call "sneak attacks" on my Mother.

I show up unannounced and bring her something, or just sit and chat, I know that this brightens her day.
DH & I did that today.
(I have a key to her apartment so that we can let ourselves in, after of course knocking very loudly on the door and saying HELLO, again very loudly. I don't want her struggling to get up open the door for us, she's way too frail and not very mobile)

Mom: Where did you two come from?
Moi: Just in the neighborhood Ma and thought we'd stop in to say hi
Mom: I wasn't expecting you two
DH: We know, isn't that the fun of it though?

We brought her some soup that I had made on Sunday for her supper today; put new batteries in her fairy lights that I put up in her faux Ivy privacy screen on her balcony railing AND added some Fall Colored faux leaves to that Ivy screen.
In addition, I took inventory of what's what in her apartment - she hates when I do that - "what are you looking for?" - just lookin' Ma...

Always makes me smile, because tomorrow is never promised.

There was a man sitting at the bar, minding his own business, when a beautiful woman came in and sat at the bar. She ordered a drink and, all of a sudden sneezed violently and her glass eye flew across the bar.
The man, who was a semi-professional cricketer (catcher for you guys over the pond) flung his hand out and caught the glass eye.
He got up and sat unassumingly next to the woman.
" I didn't want to make a fuss, but I've got this (shows her the eye) and I thought you might be embarrassed if I'd shouted out".
The woman was extremely grateful and, after a couple of drinks, invited the man to dinner. After dinner they went back to her flat: one thing led to another and he stayed the night.
The following morning she was making breakfast for him and he asked:
"You know, I'm a little curious, my dear. Do you do this to every man you meet in a bar?"

"No," she replied, "but you just caught my eye".

Another one I don't get... though others do, i see.
Occasionally, there will be articles posted on the internet about what a woman finds most sexy in a man, and it ain’t rock-hard abs and a macho attitude…it’s men pitching in to help around the house with domestic chores.

The latest installment involves Katy Perry detailing what happens at her house when her man Orlando Bloom does the dishes…and Orlando’s response of, “That’s why the house is always so clean!”

Just google “Katy Perry clean dishes” if you’re curious.

I have to add, I do all the domestic chores at home, but someone forgot to clue MrsT in on how irresistible that’s supposed to make me! :laugh:

it’s men pitching in to help around the house with domestic chores.
Next time I see my mate, I'm going ask him if he's done his chores...
When he exclaims : "what chores? " , I'm going to answer:
"Oh, I thought you'd never ask. I'll have a pint of IPA, please!"

Back
Top Bottom