What's going on in your garden (2023)?

Status
Not open for further replies.
No idea, but probably. Before it fell, the only thing that seemed to be holding it together was a thick wire mesh.
Do you anticipate any difficulty in reaching some kind of arrangement with neighbor on getting that cleaned up/repaired?

Do you anticipate any difficulty in reaching some kind of arrangement with neighbor on getting that cleaned up/repaired?
Yes. She's a stroppy ...... lady who thinks she's always right and probably has the entire neighbourhood against her :eek: :eek:
We looked at the original plans of the house (or at least, my son the engineer did) and he said that wall is HER responsibility because it was already there when our place was built. However, things don't work here like they do in civilised countries...
We're calling in the local council to see what can be done, but I'm anticipating we're going to have to fix it ourselves. BIL owns a construction company, so that will help, no doubt.

With us having so much rain over the past few weeks everywhere has been sodden so we couldn't do much outside, however we have had a couple of dry days so this afternoon I mowed the back laws and pulled up a stupid amount of weeds, 5 bin sacks in total and still more needs doing...but at least I gave made a start.

With us having so much rain over the past few weeks everywhere has been sodden so we couldn't do much outside, however we have had a couple of dry days so this afternoon I mowed the back laws and pulled up a stupid amount of weeds, 5 bin sacks in total and still more needs doing...but at least I gave made a start.

One good day of steady rain is all I ask. 🙏

But instead, what I'm getting. :devil:

1690715133666.png

CD

Last night I set to work in the front garden, 1 full sack of weeds and more to go but the drizzle got heavier so thought it best to stop, getting soaked through to the skin is not a good idea.

So far this week, it's been 104,106, 106 and today was 105 (all over 40C). I'm just keeping my plant alive with lots of water ($$$). The pepper plants flower, but won't set fruit when it is that hot. The herbs are doing surprisingly well.

CD

What will happen to the pepper flowers then? Do they just wither and die?

They fall off after a few days. The same thing happens to tomato plants in Texas' hottest months. They flower, and the flowers fall off. However, we have two tomato growing seasons in Texas, on in the spring, and one in the fall. I don't grow tomatoes, but my sister in Houston does. She's not going to do a fall planting this year.

My jalapeño plant is dead. It happened rather suddenly. I guess the root system wasn't strong enough. I planted a little late this spring, but we had a lot of rain, and my garden soil is good. I don't know what happened.

It is 106F/41C right now (5PM), so I'm not sure if we will get up to the predicted 107F/42C. I watered the garden for 30 minutes last night, and another 30 minutes this morning. The garden still looks wilted, but it will bounce back after the sun sets.

CD

It is 106F/41C right now (5PM), so I'm not sure if we will get up to the predicted 107F/42C. I watered the garden for 30 minutes last night, and another 30 minutes this morning. The garden still looks wilted, but it will bounce back after the sun sets.

CD

I spoke too soon. Right now (5:30 PM) it is 107F/42C. :heat:

CD

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom