What's going on in your garden (2023)?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I also have some flower buds on my moonflower vine (it blooms at night and is incredibly fragrant). It seems to like the spot where I put it, it’s overgrown the trellis and is now busy trying to escape to the neighbour’s yard.
View attachment 104305

Well now... I'm fascinated by this as it looks like a type of ipomoea, which is my favourite flower and as you can see, my on-line name! Morning glory flowers open in the morning and last just one day. They aren't fragrant though.

Well now... I'm fascinated by this as it looks like a type of ipomoea, which is my favourite flower and as you can see, my on-line name! Morning glory flowers open in the morning and last just one day. They aren't fragrant though.
You’re correct, they’re a type of night-blooming morning glory! They are perennials in their native habitat but it’s too cold here for them to survive the winter so we grow them as annuals.

The flowers usually last for 1-2 days. I missed the last one but there are lots of buds on the plant so I’ll try to get a pic in a couple days.

And then there's the mess the tree, four or five fellas leave behind after hauling away all the sellable timber. Never to be seen again, no doubt.

Mess.jpg

And then there's the mess the tree, four or five fellas leave behind after hauling away all the sellable timber. Never to be seen again, no doubt.

The owner(s) may trouble themselves to send a digger or a dozer to clear up - but I doubt it. However, it will be overgrown again in 12 months.

I pulled the last of my dead vegetable plants. The grass is crunchy.
I have a cart of seeds ready to order. I need to talk to the provider before submitting the order. My winter garden will be greens, lettuce, cabbage, broccoli, turnips and beets. It will be a few weeks before I can plant, too hot. Any greens planted now would germinate quickly then bolt. I am ordering heirloom tomato seeds to start in February for spring planting.

The heat and beer got the better of me yesterday. Back at it today..Chow is done.
Hard work in the heat deserves beer. Consider yourself exonerated from all guilt :D
What's "Chow", by the way?
I've read Rascal talking about "sammys with chow", and I've seen something called "chow chow" in American supermarkets, but for me it's mustard pickle - piccalilli. Is it the same thing?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom