What would you choose?

I’m so with you!
We’d more likely call it chicken crackling. It’s divine in a chicken sandwich.
Those little divots here are called chicken oysters.
But they are considered the chefs treat. Their existence isn’t something thats widely shared or known about.
The back of a chicken here generally ends up as pet food!
It's great for making stock. Bones, fat, and skin are all excellent sources of collagen which if more women thought about it, they'd be drinking that stuff as a beauty treatment. I know it's kept my wrinkles at bay.

I think people here might refer to the divets as chicken tenderloins? It's my favorite part of the turkey at Thanksgiving.

It's great for making stock. Bones, fat, and skin are all excellent sources of collagen which if more women thought about it, they'd be drinking that stuff as a beauty treatment. I know it's kept my wrinkles at bay.

I think people here might refer to the divets as chicken tenderloins? It's my favorite part of the turkey at Thanksgiving.

Oh yes if you have the whole bird, you don’t want to waste that glorious concentrated gelatine stuff.
But honestly people in the UK prefer chicken breast over other types of chicken 🤷‍♀️

I think it’s wrong and other cuts are juicier, more flavourful and versatile but a lot of people here want chicken breast.

Oh yes if you have the whole bird, you don’t want to waste that glorious concentrated gelatine stuff.
But honestly people in the UK prefer chicken breast over other types of chicken 🤷‍♀️

I think it’s wrong and other cuts are juicier, more flavourful and versatile but a lot of people here want chicken breast.
People in the US are the same, which is why there are so many health problems that past generations didn't encounter, not getting enough of the good stuff in their diets. I like the thighs quite well, especially with fried chicken.

I like to cook skin in a skillet over medium-low heat until the fat renders, then turn it up to medium to crisp the skin. That way, I get crispy skin and schmaltz for later use .

I've always heard those little back pieces called oysters, and the little flap on the 1 side of the tendon on the breasts the tenderloin.

I like to cook skin in a skillet over medium-low heat until the fat renders, then turn it up to medium to crisp the skin. That way, I get crispy skin and schmaltz for later use .

I've always heard those little back pieces called oysters, and the little flap on the 1 side of the tendon on the breasts the tenderloin.

Ditto to all of that.

Ditto to all of that.

Okay then, love me some oysters! But I like the real oysters even better...

Me too.

Bought six today! Morrisons (supermarket) might have a budget style image but their fish counter is fantastic. Bought skate wings while I was there too. Yum yum.
I was watching a show about these guys who live off the grid in Alaska and there was this one guy who was out fishing, hoping for a cod or a salmon, and he caught a skate instead and threw it back. I think he must not be that hungry.

Back
Top Bottom