Dishwasher V’s Handwashing

Do you mostly dishwasher or hand wash up?

• Hand wash

Votes: 3 25.0%
  • Dishwasher

Votes: 9 75.0%

• Total voters
the USA's illustrious EPA has regulated how much water may not be used in a dishwasher . . .
a couple of recent blurbs saying . . . it uses less water to wash any minimal amount in the dishwasher than doing it by hand.
hence one should run the dishwasher every single day, whether you need to . . . or not.

if it's like much of our big brother government's "facts" . . . it may be true under some set of circumstances that only a pseudo-scientist in a government lab can create.
What I don't get is how a dishwasher can use less than the 9 litres that our full washing up bowl can take. And no we do not run things under water after washing or before. 1 day's washing up for 2 people equates to 9L here and if hubby is away from home, I can do 3 days on 1 bowl.

What I don't get is how a dishwasher can use less than the 9 litres that our full washing up bowl can take. And no we do not run things under water after washing or before. 1 day's washing up for 2 people equates to 9L here and if hubby is away from home, I can do 3 days on 1 bowl.
Have a listen to the podcast on the very first post, the Professor explains it all very well.

Have a look on YouTube, lots of people put cameras inside them to show you what happens, basically it's all about the dishwasher tablets and how it circulates the water effortlessly around the dishwasher.

What I don't get is how a dishwasher can use less than the 9 litres that our full washing up bowl can take.

Have a listen to the podcast on the very first post, the Professor explains it all very well.

basically it's all about the dishwasher tablets and how it circulates the water effortlessly around the dishwasher.

I just prefer to think it’s magic - dirty dishes go in, along with a pod, close the door, press the button, and… 🪄 …out come some clean dishes!

Here's mine. Small, but does the job!! :whistling:
Farberware dishwasher with door open..jpg

I just prefer to think it’s magic - dirty dishes go in, along with a pod, close the door, press the button, and… 🪄 …out come some clean dishes!
The thing that I find magic is that they only come out clean if they're dirty - i.e. the dishwasher tablets require dirt to work else it just gets washed away down the drain and you're just trying to clean your dishes with warm water. That's why they always say never to rinse your dishes before putting them in a dishwasher.

You seem to have as much in 3 days as I do in one. And we both have two person households...
It’s something of a strange load for me…note there isn’t a single bowl, and I eat cereal five days a week.

I think I started loading that Friday night, maybe, so that might be more like 2 1/2 days. Oh, yeah, and we had takeout Friday and Saturday night, so no plates then. I had lunch out Saturday and she didn’t have lunch Saturday. Doughnut Saturday morning, no plates for that…now I’m wondering how we dirtied all those dishes!

Back
Top Bottom