Full English Breakfast

Timenspace

Legendary Member
Local time
8:01 PM
[Mod.Edit: This post and several fillowing posts moved to form a new topic (MG)]

Inspired by a Full English breakfast, I learn how to make parts of it, and time it, to really put it into practice.

I think it is just the breakfast I might need ( well not the full full or depending) when school starts.

I need to acquire the meat part of ingredients.

20240905_075414.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Inspired by a Full English breakfast, I learn how to make parts of it, and time it, to really put it into practice.

I think it is just the breakfast I might need ( well not the full full or depending) when school starts.

View attachment 118205
And beans.

View attachment 118205
And mushrooms

Bacon and sausage... but it depends on if you want a vegan, vegetarian (with the eggs) or omnivorous Full English.

And mushrooms
Indeed. I saw just the right kind of Gold Portobello or champignons, but it was 500g, whereas I only need max 4 for me.
I would not like it to go to waste.
If I persuade my daughter, then probably yes.
Bubble and squeak, hm, maybe with leftovers...
Beans, yep, will do my own...
Now finetuning the meat part, I know, not for you, but very excited to carry into the day with it.

At home, for lunch I tried a different segment of the English Breakfast.
Am totally in love with the fried bread😍.

These sausages are not what I'd imagine, so will swap, the crispy looking meat rasher is a Dalmatian pečenica, thinly sliced salted, smoked and dried meat, but I overdid the frying, perhaps it should be consumed on sandwiches as is, will swap that too.

Love the tomatoes...

To be continued...

20240905_135203.jpg

Am totally in love with the fried bread😍.
An English breakfast is a perfect reason to throw out all those "diet", "Too heavy", "cholesterol", "unhealthy" reasons and just enjoy it.
Fried bread is at it's very best if you fry it in lard, or bacon fat. It's a bit of a shame that it's been rejected for hash brown squares (usually frozen) , because that initial crispiness, perfect for a fried egg, is exquisite; later it becomes soggy with the egg and the tomato/mushroom juices... Ahhh! A thing of delight!
Never skimp on the fat with fried bread. As long as the fat is hot enough, the bread will fry crispy and delicious.

Yes, I don’t know why I don’t do that here more often. 😋

Because its a lot of calories? I think you can more or less double the calories of the bread by frying it. But that isn't necessarily a huge amount of calories. One fried slice (not thick sliced) is around 170 Kcals (ish)

Because its a lot of calories? I think you can more or less double the calories of the bread by frying it. But that isn't necessarily a huge amount of calories. One fried slice (not thick sliced) is around 170 Kcals (ish)
I think it's more about the fat? I mean, you can eat a lot of calories (a large amount of veggies and lean proteins) that won't clog your arteries. I'm guessing fry bread, especially fried in yummy bacon grease, is something to be moderate with. Coming from someone who uses a lot of butter and cream and adores cheese...LOL! And yeah I fry eggs in a small amount of bacon lard occasionally, so yeah. There ya go.

I think it's more about the fat? I mean, you can eat a lot of calories (a large amount of veggies and lean proteins) that won't clog your arteries. I'm guessing fry bread, especially fried in yummy bacon grease, is something to be moderate with. Coming from someone who uses a lot of butter and cream and adores cheese...LOL! And yeah I fry eggs in a small amount of bacon lard occasionally, so yeah. There ya go.

Its delicious fried in olive oil...

Aah, how lovely to have a new thread for this topic, thank you!

Can hardly wait to cook the beans for it!

When I shared a picture of a Full EB with my boyfriend, he said, well, the veggies can go!😅
I very willingly would accept his veggies of his plate, should it occur😁

I politely disagree with him on that, as the veggies go wonderfully with the meat,imo, refresh...

As you can tell, I am on a new obsession path😅

Anyways, one of the full EB was served ( yt video) with one egg, and someone commented " what? 1 egg? 1 egg is an offense for the chicken!"😂

I burst laughing.

Back
Top Bottom