Full English Breakfast

Is that in the USA - your experience travelling and ordering hash browns, I mean? The ones in your photo would definitely be called fried or sautèed potatoes in the UK.

the words "hash browns" does not translate to German, Swedish, Danish , , ,
think "Strammer Max" - the Swiss do it with a 'potato patty' - others on bread . . .

the concept yes, the words, no. not an unusual issue for 'international' fori . . .
only once did I encounter menu 'hash brown potato' - traveling with a colleague with no language skills who insisted on staying at hotels 'with a menu in English' . . . Köln, as I recall.... I normally did über local or "Zimmer Frei"

however, even in USA - coast to coast, top to bottom,,,, "hash browns" is always a shot in the dark....

that pan full is DW's preferred potato 'item' whatever 'name' applies to it - well, after 'mashed'.....

At last second American food other than turkey. :) I think Timenspace should go Italian and explore baked garlic bread. That is a favorite of mine.
Baked garlic bread for breakfast? I am not sure that is Italian. Maybe American Italian but I don't know.

Here in my area, “hash browns” nearly always mean:

IMG_9288.jpeg

McD’s

-or-

IMG_9289.jpeg

Waffle House

Diced/sliced/chunked potatoes will either be called “fried potatoes” or “home fries.”

Baked garlic bread for breakfast? I am not sure that is Italian. Maybe American Italian but I don't know.
Nope. It's a dinner item here too AFAIK.
Here in my area, “hash browns” nearly always mean:

View attachment 118242
McD’s

-or-

View attachment 118243
Waffle House

Diced/sliced/chunked potatoes will either be called “fried potatoes” or “home fries.”
Yes. Everywhere I've ever been that's what hasbrowns are.

Back
Top Bottom