Plans for today (2023)

Great morning - except the car broke down.
Anyway... taught the group how to make Pakoras. Three different types, different veggies, different spicing.
Then we did Samosa filling. Simple. Potato, peas, onion, ginger, turmeric, fenugreek and a touch of cayenne.
Then some Butter Chicken. They all went through the different stages of making the sauce.
Aloo Ghobi. Different sauce base (touch of tomato passata) and a touch of cream.
Had to leave the Goan Fish Curry base BUT, I left them the recipe.
Great group, great fun- I'd do it again!
Mamba's catering 070923.jpg

Great morning - except the car broke down.
Anyway... taught the group how to make Pakoras. Three different types, different veggies, different spicing.
Then we did Samosa filling. Simple. Potato, peas, onion, ginger, turmeric, fenugreek and a touch of cayenne.
Then some Butter Chicken. They all went through the different stages of making the sauce.
Aloo Ghobi. Different sauce base (touch of tomato passata) and a touch of cream.
Had to leave the Goan Fish Curry base BUT, I left them the recipe.
Great group, great fun- I'd do it again!
View attachment 104625

I'd love to try some of those!!

Russ

Well my plans for today were a nice quiet day at home knitting and doing not much.

The reality was a trip to emergency after I started throwing up almost as soon as I had eaten breakfast. I'm required to administer intramuscular steroids and attend ED.

I'm now being admitted for observation overnight on high dose steroids with the morning having vanished without trace. X-rays and CT scans done, blood taken for tests, and potassium low as always (hence potassium administered).

Me throwing up (except after surgery) is almost unheard of, so this is completely unexpected. Hubby is now driving home to get my meds and clothes, knitting and electronics for the evening.

That is really unbearable. I thought it was bad here right now but I'd probably die at that temperature. Mind you I have no air.con. Does that make it bearable?

AC does make it comfortable, but you have to stay inside. The AC in my car is strong, so I can go places, but it is unpleasant going from the car to any building. I keep my car in the garage at home, and try to park in shade when I'm out, but so does everyone else, so it's a challenge to find those parking spaces.

People who work outside here in these temperatures sometimes do die. They have to drink water and sports drinks by the gallon.

CD

Nice day here so I plugged sander in and skimmed my plastering I did several months ago. Its been too cold up til now.
Final skim coat done and light sand in the morning ready for paint.
The last toilet had a breather tube through the wall. This one doesn't.
Painting next weekend. Then replace carpet in there.
Make a pizza for dinner. Dough is defrosted thanks TastyReuben
Wife likes the crust.

Russ

Are you telling me you didn't watch the World Cup,rascal ?
France are a great side, but I think they benefitted from far too many penalties from the All Blacks. All Blacks were, unusually, very sloppy.
Got to love the haka, mind you!
Rugby World Cup opener 1.jpg
Rugby World Cup opener 2.jpg

Are you telling me you didn't watch the World Cup,rascal ?
France are a great side, but I think they benefitted from far too many penalties from the All Blacks. All Blacks were, unusually, very sloppy.
Got to love the haka, mind you!
View attachment 104658View attachment 104659

I'm on record that ian Foster is a nil coach. Only got the job when his boss Hansen left. Btw I lived 1 street away from Hansen. The guy has no plan
Nzrfu went to south Africa when we got our asses whipped there to sack foster. Captain and 2 players went to boss a nd asked for Foster to stay. The next coach is already appointed. Scott " razor" Robertson. He coaches the crusaders, Canterbury team " mine"
Nzrfu $%#$## up.
Btw Robertson has coached crusaders to win national championships last 8 years.
I know you like them , but they are rudderless atm.

Russ

Apparently, we’re going to the zoo to meet up with a niece and her family today. News to me. 🤷‍♂️

I also have to work tonight for probably an hour or so, starting at 11PM.

I know you like them , but they are rudderless atm.
I think everyone expects the All Blacks to give a dazzling display at all times. I've been watching them since the 60s ; Colin Meads, Jonah Lomu, Dan Carter, Richie McCaw... watched them all. My kids started following the game after I showed them Jonah Lomu singlehandely destroying the British Lions.

Back
Top Bottom