Plans for today (2023)

I wouldn't go to Florida right now. It could be a Cat 3 by landfall. A lot of area will be on the dirty side of the hurricane as it runs up the Gulf coast of Florida.

CD
Yup, she’s all rescheduled, going in September now. Flight did cancel earlier today.

It's only 94F/34C this afternoon. So this evening I have some outdoor work to do. Yard work, and re[placing a couple of outdoor lights on the garage.

CD

I got the lights done. They are dusk-to-dawn lights (photocell). I won't have to remember to turn them on and off. They use 7watt LED bulbs, so they will use very little energy.

I'll do the remaining yard work on Tuesday.

CD

Already done. I made a cat food run to the store, Hauled refuse to our dumpster and then pruned 6 trees in the area around our house to improve access and view. We enjoy watching the deer feed in the hay field with morning coffee. Hopefully I can put the chain saws away for winter.

Wife had to go into hospital for minor surgery on the foot today, so it's going to be looney tunes here. Take the kid to his Gym, then pick him up 3 hours later, wait for the cleaning lady to come, buy some stuff to make a "Chupe" (recipe to follow), pay the water bill, ... yep, it's going to be a crazy one. (9am)
(3pm) She's home. Can't put any pressure on the foot for 5 days, so someone has their work cut out...

Wishing her a fast recovery!
Thanks!
Although I think it's probably me who's going to need to recover. She had a melanoma removed and they excavated about 6 mm each side, so she'll have to take it easy. Already planning food for the next 5-6 days, which will definitely include snacks for the 4,890,000 visitors she will receive... :laugh: :laugh:

Planned to set some lentils to sprout. This is very easy: put some soaked kitchen paper in an open container, sprinkle lentils over, leave on windowsill for 2 or 3 days until they sprout. Use in recipe!

Not achieved despite the simplicity. In fact I can't recall anything I achieved today. :ohmy:

Tomorrow morning - I'll do it then.

Planned to set some lentils to sprout. This is very easy: put some soaked kitchen paper in an open container, sprinkle lentils over, leave on windowsill for 2 or 3 days until they sprout. Use in recipe!

Not achieved despite the simplicity. In fact I can't recall anything I achieved today. :ohmy:

Tomorrow morning - I'll do it then.

Why put off till tomorrow what you can easily put of till next week. That's my motto.

CD

Wife had to go into hospital for minor surgery on the foot today, so it's going to be looney tunes here. Take the kid to his Gym, then pick him up 3 hours later, wait for the cleaning lady to come, buy some stuff to make a "Chupe" (recipe to follow), pay the water bill, ... yep, it's going to be a crazy one. (9am)
(3pm) She's home. Can't put any pressure on the foot for 5 days, so someone has their work cut out...

:hug: For Mrs K

As I had feared, chaos. Yesterday I cut the jungle in front of the house and removed about 3 bags of weeds. Did some shopping, did a couple of errands, did taxi service, worked out lunch and dinner and actually ate a proper meal at 8.30pm.
Today I had to wait an hour for the cleaner to arrive, take my kid to the gym, go to the bakery, instruct the gardener what to do, then when I got back home, there'd been a sudden power cut and the water pump had stopped working, so had to call in the technician. Fortunately, nothing serious.
Good news is that the garden's looking decent at last and we're finally getting the house shipshape and the Mrs is feeling just fine. Bored out of her tiny mind, but fine! Card game tomorrow so I'll be cooking again.

I woke last night to the sound of thunder
How far off I sat and wondered
Started humming a song from 1962....

The I remembered that my power chop saw was still outside from my trash cart fence project.

I made som night moves, to put it in the garage.

It barely rained. If I had left the saw outside, it probably would have poured. The saw is pretty old, so it may have been worth it to sacrifice that power tool to the weather gods for some much needed rain.

CD

Plans for today…making picnic foods for tomorrow! I was up half the night in anxious anticipation, so I actually feel like 💩 today, but maybe the food prep will cheer me up.

Back
Top Bottom