Plans for today (2023)

I’ve got to run out to “the big Kroger” just after breakfast, just to get a couple of things I missed yesterday.

Laundry today, which is unusual, but we’ve got the stuff from our vacation to wash, so today’s the day.

I also need to mow the grass.

This week is MrsT’s 60th birthday. She doesn’t know it, but one sister is flying in from New York for that, and then they’ll pile in the car to spend an overnight with their other sister, who’ll be staying with one of her daughters, about two hours from here.

She’ll be pleased when that, but it’s extremely difficult to get the house prepped for a visitor without raising suspicion that something’s up.

New experience last night, Mr. Herbaceous and I went to a drive-in movie for the first time! We saw Barbie, which was actually really good (it was a double feature with Blue Beetle, but we left before the second film started because we were tired and it wouldn’t have ended until well after midnight)

It was a fun experience, definitely different from your typical multi-plex, and I really enjoyed the vintage ads and things they showed before the movie started. It was a fun date!

New experience last night, Mr. Herbaceous and I went to a drive-in movie for the first time!
One of the things I was excited about when we moved to our current house is that there was a drive-in theater in town - one of only two in probably 100-mile radius.

We went to a couple (the thought of one is always better than the actual experience, though), and then it shut down…not two years after we moved here.

It’s up for sale right now, and has been for a few years ($450K), and if I were a billionaire and didn’t care about losing money, I’d open it back up and have a lot of fun with that.

Back in college, we used to load up the bed of my pickup with lawn chairs and coolers full of beer, and another car load of people, and go to Dollar Tuesday at the Drive-In Theater. It was always some cheesy B-Movie (the kind you like, TR).

They had just started making the sound come from your car radio, instead of the old-fashioned speaker in the window thing. You had to clip this wire to your car's antenna. :laugh:

CD

The town over from where I'm from, Kaneohe, we had a drive-in theater. I'd been going to it ever since I was very little.
My first date with DH was there. His car had broken down, so I picked him up in my tiny hatchback Honda Civic. We had a blast!
I made the back all cozy comfy for us two, along with drinks and snacks, oh and don't forget the mosquito punks too!
DH later told me that he was very impressed and totally hooked on me from then out 🥰

Just relaxing back down to a “normal” schedule after our houseguest left this morning.

Something simple tonight for supper, taking a break from cooking. We’re also having kitchen plumbing problems, so both the sink and the dishwasher are out of commission for now. Plumber’s coming Thursday.

MrsT is supposed to fly to Florida tomorrow, but she doesn’t want to go, because there’s a hurricane predicted to make landfall on Wednesday, right where she’s headed.

The airline, of course, haven’t cancelled anything for Tuesday (yet), and they don’t care about the hurricane until it hits, so her flight’s still on, but she’s on the phone trying to change it now.

Today I finally finished removing the dead tree. At my age it takes a while. :) The base of the tree measured 46 inches in diameter. Big tree. Big job taking it down, cutting it up and removing it. I wore out two chainsaw chains in the process. Now for a nap.

The airline, of course, haven’t cancelled anything for Tuesday (yet), and they don’t care about the hurricane until it hits, so her flight’s still on, but she’s on the phone trying to change it now.
Well, they still haven’t cancelled, but they’ve just notified MrsT that if she wants to change her flight, they’ll waive the change fee…

Just relaxing back down to a “normal” schedule after our houseguest left this morning.

Something simple tonight for supper, taking a break from cooking. We’re also having kitchen plumbing problems, so both the sink and the dishwasher are out of commission for now. Plumber’s coming Thursday.

MrsT is supposed to fly to Florida tomorrow, but she doesn’t want to go, because there’s a hurricane predicted to make landfall on Wednesday, right where she’s headed.

I wouldn't go to Florida right now. It could be a Cat 3 by landfall. A lot of area will be on the dirty side of the hurricane as it runs up the Gulf coast of Florida.

CD

Today's plan includes knitting club. My neighbour who isn't in hospital won't go if i don't because it's always been a weekly highlight to go with our other neighbour (who is in hospital with cancer). For the last 3 years we've all gone together (and they went together for a number of years before we moved in between them. )

Then I've got to find my sister at 5:30pm my time. She'll probably want to talk about our mum who's in hospital again (heart failure).

Otherwise, if the weather warms up a bit, I'll attack another section of the veg plot and get some seeds sown. I'm trying to get everything planted and sown before we head out to the UK in October for almost 4 weeks. If it's not in the ground, it won't survive without water and if it doesn't rain, it won't get water... so I'm trying hard to plant a lot of the stuff I've got that I should have planted over winter. And my seeds need to get going of their own accord, but won't if they're not in the ground.

That should keep me occupied for the day because I had a bad night with my chest yet again and didn't sleep well. If there was no knitting, I'd be going back to bed.

I had a doctor's appointment today with the liver doctor. My MELD score from my last bloodwork was 7, it was 9 before that, and at one point, it was 28. The sale starts at 6, so my score of 7 is almost normal.

On the way home, I did my big grocery shopping at HEB.

It's only 94F/34C this afternoon. So this evening I have some outdoor work to do. Yard work, and re[placing a couple of outdoor lights on the garage.

CD

Haven't all of the airlines done away with change fess?

I depends on the airline and the class of ticket. Basic economy often has a change fee, while Economy Plus and First Class don't, on some airlines. If you buy the Anytime or Business Select tickets on Southwest, there are no change fees.

CD

Back
Top Bottom