Plans for today (2023)

Oh $100 out under a pot for gardener

Russ
You've just reminded me, I need to photo the pink dressing down and flip flops my mother asked me to hang on to after they returned to the UK from their covid stranding in Australia... I've offered to return them to her in the UK next month given she won't now be returning to Australia due to the stroke & pacemaker...

I'm at the airport, getting set to fly to Houston. I just need to go to the HEB near my sister's house when I get to Houston to get some groceries to cook for my mom. I also want to get something to cook for my sister and me tomorrow evening. I'm trying to cut out at least one restaurant meal -- and the sodium they pack.

CD

Last edited:
Today's plan includes going back to bed for some more sleep. We had a busy day yesterday and I'm still getting over the adrenal crisis from 2 weeks ago. Yes, it takes that long.
So after all of yesterday which I'll write up later, I'm planning on a quietish day, but I need to cook an evening meal as well.

And I've got a test knit to get finished this weekend as well.

Today's plan includes going back to bed for some more sleep. We had a busy day yesterday and I'm still getting over the adrenal crisis from 2 weeks ago. Yes, it takes that long.
So after all of yesterday which I'll write up later, I'm planning on a quietish day, but I need to cook an evening meal as well.

And I've got a test knit to get finished this weekend as well.

I'm sitting back watching an ozzie film. Last taxi to Darwin. Excellent movie. 2 hrs.

Russ

What is the strike about? Apologies for my ignorance if its in the news but US news isn't well covered here. In the UK we have lots of strikes going on lately.
Whatever is in the news is most likely a lie.
Too much to type out, but basically we want better pay and to end tiers. Also we want our COLA back, and I don't mean Coke or Pepsi either 😂

Understood! That is one reason for the doctors strikes here.

The UK is one of the few places where doctors work for the government. In Canada, they have universal health insurance, but facilities and doctors/nurses/etc are privately employed. I think France is that way, too. In the US, it is all "free market," which means you are "free" to get your own health insurance, if you can afford it, or pay whatever the doctors and hospitals want if you get sick.

CD

Back
Top Bottom