Plans for today (2023)

Whatever is in the news is most likely a lie.
Too much to type out, but basically we want better pay and to end tiers. Also we want our COLA back, and I don't mean Coke or Pepsi either 😂

The CEO of GM only makes $29-million a year. Surely you don't expect her to sacrifice some of that paltry sum so you can make your house payments and put food on the table. That would be awfully selfish of you.

CD :rolleyes:

The CEO of GM only makes $29-million a year. Surely you don't expect her to sacrifice some of that paltry sum so you can make your house payments and put food on the table. That would be awfully selfish of you.

CD :rolleyes:
She is a very disliked person from our side, same with Ford CEO. Nobody needs that much money. Pure greed.

She is a very disliked person from our side, same with Ford CEO. Nobody needs that much money. Pure greed.

Every time I see Jim Farley, I think of his late cousin, Chris Farley, and laugh. I'm sure Jim doesn't live "in a van down by the river."

1695413981833.png

By the way, my dad was President and COO of a major oil refining and marketing company before executive pay got out of control. The guy who currently has my dad's old job makes about $4.8-million a year. Instead of "nobody needs that much money," my dad said about ten years ago that "nobody is WORTH that much money."

CD

Last edited:
Currently sitting on a work conference call. I was on last night from 10PM-11PM with an incredibly unhelpful support person who’s still got me aggravated. Some people are singularly ill-suited for their jobs.

Later, taking MrsT to the airport, who’s heading to Florida for the second of three trips there this year. She’ll be gone a week.

Since I’ll have to drive nearby to get home (if I go the long way), I’ll also stop by the international market for a few things.

Currently sitting on a work conference call. I was on last night from 10PM-11PM with an incredibly unhelpful support person who’s still got me aggravated. Some people are singularly ill-suited for their jobs.

Later, taking MrsT to the airport, who’s heading to Florida for the second of three trips there this year. She’ll be gone a week.

Since I’ll have to drive nearby to get home (if I go the long way), I’ll also stop by the international market for a few things.

Are you gonna' pick up some moonshine while you are in Kentucky?

BTW, does the Anderson Ferry still cross the river? That's how we got there during the short time I lived in Cincy.

CD

Are you gonna' pick up some moonshine while you are in Kentucky?
No, but I should. 😆

BTW, does the Anderson Ferry still cross the river? That's how we got there during the short time I lived in Cincy.
Yes, definitely - still my favorite way to cross, and sort of the locals’ best-kept secret for getting to the airport, beats the interstate.

Here’s a nice pic from their website:

IMG_5837.jpeg

Skite.a week off. I'm confined to barracks for 2 weeks

Russ

Ambitious day today, though I doubt I’ll get to much of it. I at least would like to get the yard mowed, but I also would like to do some weeding, get the last of the mulch down (just in time for winter :laugh: ), and get some paint samples for repainting MrsT’s bathroom.

I also want to make some (American) biscuits sometime soon and just freeze them, and maybe even a loaf of rye bread. Making a strawberry recipe today, and pizza.

Flying home from Houston today. Then tonight, watch the Steelers game against the Oakland, er Los Angeles, er Oakland again, er Las Vegas Raiders (moving soon to a city near you).

CD

School holidays here so eli is here until 3. Theres a $20 note for his lunch. Steak cheese and bacon pie. I may get change?
Just sent e mail to my doc for antibiotics. Cold has moved to my chest. 40 years smoking doesn't help.
Wifes at work until 3? She has to put wages through. Theres a doco on tower of london on later we will watch. Weve both been there. Cyril the squirrel delights him.

Russ

Back
Top Bottom