Plans for today (2023)

When I get home, I dress from my suitcase until it is pretty much empty. I don't see a point in taking clean clothes out and hanging it back up. Only the laundry comes out, and into the hamper.

CD
I go away for a week I only need hand luggage . Wifes slowly taking over my draw space, I don't need them apparently?.
Takes me 2 mins to pack.

Russ

Well my plans for today came unstuck at a set of traffic lights on a major roundabout in Canberra. It's a dedicated, separate lane, with barriers and so on, for going left at the roundabout. No way but to turn left one you're in that lane and because of Aussies and their general approach to heavy traffic or wanting to park, and just driving over the reservation etc, this new section of road has barriers along it, so once you're on it you're going that way and only that way...

I could see flashing blue & red lights reflecting off traffic to the left, but the sound of sitens was coming from the right. When the lights changed to green, the vehicle in front only hesitantly moved forward... fair enough. I hadn't even moved. I could now see the fire engine to the right and it was coming our way all lights blazing.... and so was the coach just around the left hand corner. The coach was on the hard shoulder, an ambulance had been the lights I'd seen to the right. The fire engine stopped across both lanes blocking all traffic in my direction. The coach was on fire on the road side...

Being vehicle 2 there was nowhere for me to go to but to wait until the police arrived to block the roundabout to allow those of us too close to the coach for comfort to reverse onto a major high-speed roundabout and find another route...

my phone kept on telling me to turn around and go back for ages... 26 year old vehicles don't have satnav typically and this saynav doesn't know that part of town. My destination had been 1km left, 500m left and then left again from where that coach was... I didn't get there. 😕

I guess I'll try again tomorrow!

my phone kept on telling me to turn around and go back for ages... 26 year old vehicles don't have satnav typically and this saynav doesn't know that part of town. My destination had been 1km left, 500m left and then left again from where that coach was... I didn't get there. 😕

It didn't say "straight on?"

CD

Work, vacuum the carpet, empty the dishwasher, pick up MrsT from the airport.

Make breakfast for son. Take son to gym. Home for breakfast. Take wife to coffee shop. Stop off to buy stuff for a dinner on Saturday. Pick up son. Go home. Make lunch for son. TOEFL class. Pick up wife.
Fall over backwards, sit in the front garden, smoke a nice robusto, have a beer, watch TV.
Oh crap, got to make dinner....

This is located in the Navajo Nation and not easy to get to, also nowhere near us.
My Mother went some years back and said she couldn't do it, it scared her too much.

X2. We stayed in a highrise in hawaii about 20th floor. Wife spent time on the balcony. I never went within 2.metres.
I tried to stop her going out.
Next day they shifted us to the 4th floor.

Russ

The Skydeck (or whatever it’s called) is interesting to view - an all-glass-enclosed balcony 100 or so floors up over Chicago. We did it twice - once during the day and once at night.

Just put everything in my big yellow supermarket container. Doing a dinner/Indian food course this afternoon, so have to check and double check everything. Should be fun.
  • Samosas
  • Vadas
  • Fresh cilantro/mint chutney
  • Butter Chicken
  • Naan bread
  • Aubergine Masala
  • Aviyal (vegetables with coconut and mustard seeds)
  • Basmati
  • Masoor dal
I get them all working while I rabbit on about spices, dals, curries, hot peppers, etc. and quaff a few glasses of Cabernet Sauvignon :laugh::laugh:

Just put everything in my big yellow supermarket container. Doing a dinner/Indian food course this afternoon, so have to check and double check everything. Should be fun.
  • Samosas
  • Vadas
  • Fresh cilantro/mint chutney
  • Butter Chicken
  • Naan bread
  • Aubergine Masala
  • Aviyal (vegetables with coconut and mustard seeds)
  • Basmati
  • Masoor dal
I get them all working while I rabbit on about spices, dals, curries, hot peppers, etc. and quaff a few glasses of Cabernet Sauvignon :laugh::laugh:

Im on the next flight lol

Russ

Christmas shopping today which means a long day out. We've only got 1 more full weekend at home before we fly to the UK, so it's time to get the bits for people.

That means a long day out, on the day when our clocks have gone forward and we've lost an hour, plus eating out and the monthly shop.

Luckily it is labour day tomorrow so hubby has another day off. Also luckily is that we've had our covid & flu vaccinations updated and neither of us seem to have any side effects other than a sore arm.

Christmas shopping today which means a long day out. We've only got 1 more full weekend at home before we fly to the UK, so it's time to get the bits for people.

That means a long day out, on the day when our clocks have gone forward and we've lost an hour, plus eating out and the monthly shop.

Luckily it is labour day tomorrow so hubby has another day off. Also luckily is that we've had our covid & flu vaccinations updated and neither of us seem to have any side effects other than a sore arm.

Our clocks fall back an hour, but not until November 5.

CD

Back
Top Bottom