Plans for today (2023)

This is always met with great joy locally, and great shock whenever I post it. I give you…The Rat Game:

IMG_5933.jpeg

At the start of the game, the rat is under that cover the Rat Master is holding. You put a dollar down on whatever color you think will win.

Around and around it spins, and you win when the rat, after the cover is lifted, races to one of the colored holes to get to a place of calm and safety under the game board.

The Wagon of Cheer, which we’ve bought 10 tickets a year for 19 years, and have never won:

IMG_5940.jpeg

Step up, kiddies, and get the beejeezus stung out of you! :laugh:
IMG_5939.jpeg

Close-up of the jagdhorns:
IMG_5965.jpeg

We used to have Bavarian nights years ago at the rugby club . Ein prosit I'm dry dry. Lol. There was an old guy used to subsidize his benefit by impersonating schultz from Hogans heroes. He was Good. Great nights.

Russ

This is always met with great joy locally, and great shock whenever I post it. I give you…The Rat Game:

View attachment 105432

At the start of the game, the rat is under that cover the Rat Master is holding. You put a dollar down on whatever color you think will win.

Around and around it spins, and you win when the rat, after the cover is lifted, races to one of the colored holes to get to a place of calm and safety under the game board.

The Wagon of Cheer, which we’ve bought 10 tickets a year for 19 years, and have never won:

View attachment 105433

Step up, kiddies, and get the beejeezus stung out of you! :laugh:
View attachment 105434

Close-up of the jagdhorns:
View attachment 105435

Were there any/many people in traditional German outfits? There's a lot of that at Addison/Dallas Oktoberfest.

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yWfzAwQv8tY

CD

Yesterday I went to my very first Bills game! I’m a lifelong fan, and so my brother got me tix for my recent 40th birthday.

We arrived a bit too late for the tailgates, but managed to get all the way into the stadium and to our seats before kickoff. I was pleasantly surprised that even though we were in some of the furthest seats, we had a really good view if the field.

The atmosphere was crazy - my husband’s watch kept alerting him for high noise levels, we had so much fun cheering, and it was a great game! The Bills won 48-20!

This was a bucket list item for me and it was so much fun!
image0.jpeg

Tomorrow, my plan is to do not much because we're meant to be having heavy rain. They're forecasting upto 200mm of rain in some areas currently on fire! (Lots of bush fires at the weekend.)

We're not expecting that much, but even a quarter of that will cause issues locally, so my plan is to go nowhere and not do too much expect cook an evening meal.

Yes, certainly, and a little marketplace set up where one could buy all the gear as well.

Do you own Lederhosen? I have a friend from München who has a pair of Lederhosen which have been passed down 4 generations (and presumably worn to every Oktoberfest during that time) that haven't been washed for eighty years.

Do you own Lederhosen? I have a friend from München who has a pair of Lederhosen which have been passed down 4 generations (and presumably worn to every Oktoberfest during that time) that haven't been washed for eighty years.

They can probably stand up and walk on their own.

CD

This implies that you have taken them though. It's OK - we'll forgive the lapse in gentlemanliness for the duration of the Wies'n Season.
:laugh:

To paraphrase the late, maybe-not-so-great Toronto mayor Rob Ford, I didn’t need to take pictures because “I’ve got more than enough <cleavage> at home.” :laugh:

Back
Top Bottom