Plans for today (2023)

Do you own Lederhosen?
I don’t own lederhosen, but I do have a fair amount of other things - I just donated my bundhosen, unusual in that they were a modern version, done in corduroy.

I’ve loads of shirts, the knee socks, hats, etc…here are two I posted a long time ago:

What are you wearing today?

I’ve always wanted the side-tie leather shoes, but they’re not available in half sizes, so they never fit. :(

I don’t like to go full-on traditional, I generally don’t wear that stuff to events…I prefer to just mix and match it in with my regular clothing for day-to-day things.

MrsT has a small fortune invested in dirndls, though. Those things ain’t cheap, and she’s got several.

ETA: German socks today:
IMG_5980.jpeg

Granddaughter here helping my wife clean ceilings. Shes 5' 10'' my wifes 5 ft dripping wet $50.
Grandson just gave me a number 1 head shave. $15.
I'm resting lol. Going pub and will have tea there as well.
Cruisy but expensive day
I just pd for lunch $40.

Russ

Cruisy but expensive day
I’m laughing because before my mom went into the nursing home, she used to try to get the grandkids to do odd jobs for her.

First off, she’d get mad at paying them even anything, saying that grandkids ought to do for their parents and grandparents out of gratefulness and respect.

However, once she grudgingly agreed to pay something, it was always 1950’s prices: “Now, if you’ll jus’ hep me move these flar pots tah the other side o’ the house, dig up that flar bed an’ go tah the store and fetch me two packets of seeds, come back an’ plant those, water ‘em up real good, go up tah the barn an’ bring down some straw an’ cover ‘em so’s the birds cain’t get at ‘em, an’ bring that broke wind chime down here and fix that up fer me, an’ wash down the porch, an’ clean out them two birdhouses there, an’ yah may as well give ‘em a lick or two o’ paint, I’ll give yah…two whole quarters fer yerself, an’ that'll all be fer you, yah don’ haftah give none to yer folks, but I didn’t say that, that’s jus’ bahtween me an’ you.”

:laugh:

My plan for this evening was to binge-watch the late night comedy shows in the US. The writer's strike is over, and I have been somewhat satire deprived for months.

I'm about two-thirds through my late night comedy show bender.

CD

I’m laughing because before my mom went into the nursing home, she used to try to get the grandkids to do odd jobs for her.

First off, she’d get mad at paying them even anything, saying that grandkids ought to do for their parents and grandparents out of gratefulness and respect.

However, once she grudgingly agreed to pay something, it was always 1950’s prices: “Now, if you’ll jus’ hep me move these flar pots tah the other side o’ the house, dig up that flar bed an’ go tah the store and fetch me two packets of seeds, come back an’ plant those, water ‘em up real good, go up tah the barn an’ bring down some straw an’ cover ‘em so’s the birds cain’t get at ‘em, an’ bring that broke wind chime down here and fix that up fer me, an’ wash down the porch, an’ clean out them two birdhouses there, an’ yah may as well give ‘em a lick or two o’ paint, I’ll give yah…two whole quarters fer yerself, an’ that'll all be fer you, yah don’ haftah give none to yer folks, but I didn’t say that, that’s jus’ bahtween me an’ you.”

:laugh:
I pay the basic rate. Labour here is around $25 hr. So isla did an hr and a half plus I paid for lunch. Shes coming again xmas.
Your mum was like my mum. Me ...... I'm kinda generous!!

Russ

I pay the basic rate. Labour here is around $25 hr. So isla did an hr and a half plus I paid for lunch. Shes coming again xmas.
Your mum was like my mum. Me ...... I'm kinda generous!!

Russ

I never got directly paid for chores. I was expected to do them, and in return, my parents paid for things, like going to the movies, and when I got older, gas for my car. More of a barter system.

CD

I never got directly paid for chores. I was expected to do them, and in return, my parents paid for things, like going to the movies, and when I got older, gas for my car. More of a barter system.

CD
Our daughter believes in that too. She txt me and said get him to pay for his lunch from haircut money.needs to know value of money. I'm not that mean.eli did alright out of it. Lunch for him was a steak cheese and bacon pie and a custard square. About $15 worth.
They're only kids once.

Russ

Our daughter believes in that too. She txt me and said get him to pay for his lunch from haircut money.needs to know value of money. I'm not that mean.eli did alright out of it. Lunch for him was a steak cheese and bacon pie and a custard square. About $15 worth.
They're only kids once.

Russ

Oh, I agree that you don't make kids buy your lunch when they have little, and you have a lot. My dad taught me how to save the money I earned, which I didn't want to do, but now I see the value of saving.

Like I said, for me growing up, it was just an understanding that my dad paid the bills, and I was expected to help out around the house. When I was very young, that was taking out the trash. As I got older, it was things like mowing the lawn.

Even as an adult, I did a lot of home repairs on my parent's house. My sister's house too. It's just what you do for family.

As I got older, I couldn't do some of the things I used to do. Things like roof repairs were out. But, I could still do some handyman stuff.

CD

Oh, I agree that you don't make kids buy your lunch when they have little, and you have a lot. My dad taught me how to save the money I earned, which I didn't want to do, but now I see the value of saving.

Like I said, for me growing up, it was just an understanding that my dad paid the bills, and I was expected to help out around the house. When I was very young, that was taking out the trash. As I got older, it was things like mowing the lawn.

Even as an adult, I did a lot of home repairs on my parent's house. My sister's house too. It's just what you do for family.

As I got older, I couldn't do some of the things I used to do. Things like roof repairs were out. But, I could still do some handyman stuff.

CD

Yeah I was up a ladder painting my eaves and soffits 4 years ago. I'm not doing that again.its not worth the risk.

Russ

Today I have begun the laborious task of figuring out my wardrobe for our upcoming trip to Europe.
Judging by the latest forecasts, you'll probably need to pack shorts, T-shirts and sandals.
Hot Weather Coming
It might be important to point out, however, that Europeans do NOT wear Father Christmas socks in October :cool: :cool:

Today I have begun the laborious task of figuring out my wardrobe for our upcoming trip to Europe.
Can you do mine at the same time please?

I need the following cities... Sydney, Tokyo, Helsinki, Manchester, (various other in England only), London, Tokyo and Sydney before returning to Canberra area.

Starting at the end of next week.

Can you do mine at the same time please?

I need the following cities... Sydney, Tokyo, Helsinki, Manchester, (various other in England only), London, Tokyo and Sydney before returning to Canberra area.

Starting at the end of next week.
I’m tempted to trade you itineraries, if for no other reason than the England and Helsinki stops!

I’m tempted to trade you itineraries, if for no other reason than the England and Helsinki stops!
We know Helsinki pretty well for tourists. I've been going there for decades (first visit in 1989) but this will be the first time I've been there in a hotel rather than a tent. Hubby has been there with work in a hotel though.

Back
Top Bottom