Plans for today (2023)

Canadian Thanksgiving weekend..When I bought my mother's house from my siblings I inherited the tradition of Holliday meals..I'm trying to get ahead of things this year so I just put the stuffed turkey in the oven and hoping to have it cleaned and ready to reheat around 4:30..carrots, turnips, potatoes all done and waiting to be boiled. I'd like to watch a bit of football before all of the smokers, jokers and tokers get here..
I have a big ham I got on sale and have to figure out a way to get it cooked off..I didn't plan this out too well...There is enough turkey if I decide to nix the ham plan..

Last edited:
I was going to do my Costco big shop, but out of no where, a big thunder storm developed.
I don't like to go out in these, as here in Arizona they can be pretty bad all of a sudden and then you're stuck.
I'll find something else to do that will keep me indoors.

I've been in the garden 3 days in a row. can't get hold of the gardener so the place still looks like a jungle, but at least I'm managing to clear some of the weeds so I can plant something edible.
Later on I'm going to a friend's house so she can teach me how to do reels, videos, etc. on Instagram. I can manage the straightforward posts, but that's about it!!
She's just come back from Mexico and has promised me some "mole" and some chiles. Whooppeee!!

My plans involve getting plants into bigger plant pots and planting out what I can so they stand a chance of surviving whilst we're away.

I also need to get the sun shading up on the north side of the veg plot because we've had so little rain and the sun dries the soil out that badly on that side that the plants up against the fencing wilt and die. The stuff inside thrives, so the shading over the top works.

Then I've got the washing to get hung up. Hubby has taken to putting it on at night and then going to work in the morning leaving it in the washing machine. 🙄

And I need to discretely photograph the presents we're talking to the UK so I've got a copy. He kindly took photos of everything at the weekend and loaded them on to the laptop. Great, but I wasn't aware that we were talking the laptop with us! :rolleyes:

And I've got our evening meal to make a well. There's 2kg of onions to be finely sliced.

I've been in the garden 3 days in a row. can't get hold of the gardener so the place still looks like a jungle, but at least I'm managing to clear some of the weeds so I can plant something edible.
Later on I'm going to a friend's house so she can teach me how to do reels, videos, etc. on Instagram. I can manage the straightforward posts, but that's about it!!
She's just come back from Mexico and has promised me some "mole" and some chiles. Whooppeee!!

Wife spent weekend doing the same. Greenhouse loaded with chillies.

Russ

Then I've got the washing to get hung up. Hubby has taken to putting it on at night and then going to work in the morning leaving it in the washing machine. 🙄
If MrsT puts clothes in the tumble dryer, they’ll run until the timer turns off and signals, then they’ll start up for 15 seconds and signal again, in a loop, until she gets in there and shuts them off - “I’m busy, I’ll fold those later.”

Then, two days later, she’ll go to fold them, but they’ve been in the dryer, so they’re all wrinkled, so she turns them back on for a few minutes to tumble the wrinkles out…and there they sit.

The following week, I’ll start the laundry, the first load will get washed, I’ll go to transfer them to the dryer, get my arm around a big load of damp clothes, open the dryer door, throw them in…right on top of the clothes she never folded from last week. 😠

Meeting my siblings for breakfast, then looking in on my folks. It’ll take most of the day. Glad to have tomorrow off.
Pic with some of my family, having breakfast at the diner:

IMG_9324.jpeg

Going back-to-front, that’s me and MrsT in the back, then my second-oldest brother sitting across from my sister, finishing with my oldest brother opposite the other brother’s wife.

If MrsT puts clothes in the tumble dryer, they’ll run until the timer turns off and signals, then they’ll start up for 15 seconds and signal again, in a loop, until she gets in there and shuts them off - “I’m busy, I’ll fold those later.”

Then, two days later, she’ll go to fold them, but they’ve been in the dryer, so they’re all wrinkled, so she turns them back on for a few minutes to tumble the wrinkles out…and there they sit.

The following week, I’ll start the laundry, the first load will get washed, I’ll go to transfer them to the dryer, get my arm around a big load of damp clothes, open the dryer door, throw them in…right on top of the clothes she never folded from last week. 😠

No tumble dryer here. I wash stuff probably once a fortnight(ish) and it all gets hung up on a large clothes airer thing. The creases mainly fall out as it dries and then it gets folded. No ironing required.

Back
Top Bottom