Plans for today (2024)

Guess I'm not cooking today. When I told Craig what I was making and asked whether he wanted it hot, room temp, or cold, Mr. Temper Tantrum had one about not eating out at all anymore, even though we had had 3 lunches out in the past 10 days, and dinner out Monday a week ago.

And now we pitched another fit because I reminded him garbage still needs to go out and dishes still need doing from last night. He ate leftovers from the pan this morning. His choice.
Sorry guys, guess you can tell I'm getting really frustrated with his behavior.

No need to apologise as TR said. It sounds very hard and I know you need both a medal and somewhere to vent. I honestly don't know how you manage.

When I read Mr TT, I thought you were referring to your son...I am not fully aware of your family count...so forgive me for being mistaken. I do remember you mentioned your daughter.
I fully understand. Not just from the changing and oscillating issues with my daughter, but also from my Mom losing patience with my Dad.

Yesterday was packed, so I desire some true relaxation today. However I will have breakfast, visit my parents, draw cash from an Atm, go for a nail appointment across town, cook lunch, bake cookies, do dishes, fill dishwasher.
My boyfriend and I might take an afternoon walk later on.
I need to clean the bathroom and make my bed. I am airing the duvet today.
And care for my eye, inflamed, with drops and cream. It is getting better already. 3 days in.

Busy today into tomorrow: first, today is our annual Schwabenfest. It’s an hour away, nearly, and a long way to go for a beer, a sausage, a pretzel, and a cream puff, but we enjoy it. Should be home by 5PM.

As soon as I’m home, I’ve got to throw together a marinade (challenge entry) for steaks tomorrow, then go into a dark room and rest, as I have to be back up and on for work from 10:30PM tonight until probably 9AM or so tomorrow, straight through. It’s our twice-yearly disaster simulation, where we flip all our systems over to our alternate processing center and it’s a real bear - very high-stress time, as we have certain metrics we have to meet, and it’s a lot of panicking over nothing, if you ask me.

I have a little home-work to do today. I have to scan barcodes on bars of candy and evaluate the candy for cosmetic defects. Then I will pop the candy into ziplock baggies and put in the freezer (I get to eat it, LOL). Got some minor cleaning around the house to do as well.

The low light of my day involved my rotating the tires on my old Mercury beater. I was feeling something unnatural in the ride and thought the rotation might help it. It didn't. The wheels and tires are fine. I already installed new hubs and wheel bearings so I think I will just live with it. I feel better after having a shower. Pan fried cod, corn on the cob and leftover spaghetti with Bolognese sauce for dinner.

Last edited:
The low light of my day involved my rotating the tires on my old Mercury beater. I was feeling something unnatural in the ride and thought the rotation might help it. It didn't. The wheels and tires are fine. I already installed new hubs and wheel bearings so I think I will just live with it. I feel better after having a shower. Pan fried cod, corn on the cob and leftover spaghetti with Bolognese sauce for dinner.

What is a Mercury beater?

My plan right now involves going to bed because it's 4°C outside and getting colder, the bedroom isn't heated and is nearly 9pm.

Tomorrow is a public holiday and hubby wants to 'do' something. What? He has yet to tell me because he can't decide! Lol. He's at a loose end after spending 2 days at 🏡 🏠 🏡 🏠 , actually scrub that, 1 day at home. We were out yesterday morning.

Back
Top Bottom